LCS Mission Module Sustainment Technician
Port Hueneme, CA
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third-party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Our client offers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13, 000+ top professionals, they partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas.
Associate' s degree in related discipline or equivalent is required plus a minimum of 1 year of relevant experience. All education requirements are verified. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
The LCS DEPS Mission Module Maintenance Technician will engage in Maintenance, Mission Module Movements/Embarks and Debarks, Pre-embark Staging, Maintenance Planning, Fly-Away/Distance Support and Logistic Engineering Support. The candidate will perform a variety of duties in Corrective Maintenance, Emergent Repair, and Preventative Maintenance involving Mission Module support of Littoral Combat Ship (LCS).
- Assists in the development, implementation, installs, tests, modifies and/or operates complex equipment and systems
- Participates on the engineering work team and supports other team members in experimental design, materials, equipment setup/maintenance and related issues
- Installs and removes MM equipment on LCS ships
- Performs a variety of equipment/process operations involving an application or technical skills in a specific area (electrical, software, manufacturing, optical, etc.)
- Construct, modify, debug, test and adjust a variety of tools and equipment given appropriate drawings, parts and instructions
- Implements basic practical solutions for process improvement
- Conducts and documents experiments under guidance of senior technician
- Constructs basis tooling and fixtures to accomplish unique tasks
- Works under general supervision.
- Candidate will be required to perform physically demanding work, to include working aloft, in tight, restricted spaces onboard LCS Platforms, climbing scaffolding, ladders and standing for long periods of time onboard a LCS ship or pier and be able to lift 50 lbs. Or more.
The candidate will be based in Port Hueneme, Ca and will support the LCS platforms, including travel to other domestic ports and OCONUS ports as appropriate. The selected candidate will be expected to travel 20% of the time supporting Littoral Combat Ships (LCS-class ships) and will work within the parameters and rules common to U.S. Naval vessels.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- This position will require the ability to work from tech manuals, vendor documentation, schematics, and engineering drawing to supports the ship' s maintenance efforts.
- The LCS DEPS Mission Module Maintenance Technician will be expected to be proficiency in test equipment operations, pin insertion/extraction methods, fiber repair, cable repair/rework, connector repair/rework, and basic soldering.
- The LCS DEPS Mission Module Maintenance Technician will be expected to become completely familiar with their system, with the goal of becoming the Subject Matter Expert (SME).
- Must be able to pass forklift operators physical and proficiency tests.
Director of Business Development - Information Technology
With a reputation for delivering creative and cost-effective programming within the workforce solutions industry, Brad is a results oriented, seasoned business development professional with Contract Professionals, Inc. He effectively leads the company’s IT Division, to deliver sophisticated IT talent to a diverse and growing client base.
Brad comes with 19 years of industry experience, working with some of the largest and most well respected international companies in the world. He possesses management oversight experience from a local to a national level; executing creative and complex workforce solutions to Fortune 15 - Fortune 5000 companies.
Brad enjoys connecting deserving job seekers to their desired professions.He’s successfully delivered 1000's of skilled candidates to hiring managers in the financial services, telecom, health care, education and aerospace/defense industries.
Brad is also an expert at client relationship development and management. He is known, industry wide for his ability and willingness to place a high value on client satisfaction. He does this by conducting regular audits of the workforce solutions he delivers to his clients. If there is a better or most cost effective way to do it, he’ll find it and deliver.
Brad is a true problem solver and long-term relationship builder, with a keen eye for talented human resources.
Brad grew up in a Phoenix suburb. When he is not working, he enjoys trying new sports & activities with his large family.