LINUX Systems Administrator
Ft. Belvoir, VA
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third-party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Our client offers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13, 000+ top professionals, they partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas.
Bachelor' s degree in a specialized area; or equivalent is required plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master' s degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience. Education requirements will be verified.
Applicants must meet DoD 8570.1 certification requirements for IAT-II or higher
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Red Hat LINUX command level administration
- Trusted Network Environment (TNE) Pitbull command level administration
- Command level troubleshooting of OS and associated hardware/software
- Create and resolve helpdesk action items
- Manage cross domain enterprise level solutions
- Provide on-site technical solutions
- Install, move and or break-down systems
- Create detailed technical reports and metrics
- Provide detailed technical solutions
- Perform system builds
- Maintain the security and stability of cross domain solutions
- Interact with customers
- Create, modify, and remove user accounts
- Perform Linux audit and reporting tasks
- Command level Database troubleshooting, including SQL, skills highly desirable
The successful LINUX Systems Administrator must have:
- Hands-on experience with Unix/Linux
- Be familiar with Splunk
- Troubleshooting experience
- Networking experience
- Customer service experience
- Responsive Help Desk experience
- Microsoft Office product experience
- Excellent communications skills
- Scripting experience
- Ability to multi-task.
- Data Center experience.
Cricket is on a mission to help her candidates meet their career ambitions. Cricket started at Contract Professionals, Inc. in mid-2017 as an Administrator and IT Talent Sourcer. Committed to advancement, she was quickly promoted to act as a Technical Recruiter in the Scottsdale, Arizona IT Division.
Cricket is delighted to be a member of the CPI team because of her team’s impeccable values and their commitment to providing exceptional service to both candidates and clients.
Cricket specializes in full life-cycle IT workforce solutions. She strives to be an unwavering advocate for her clients and candidates. To that end, she is driven to keep her focus on the business objectives and career goals of CPI’s clients and the candidates she represents.
Hailing from the deep south, she was raised in the great state of Texas where she spent 20 years in the credit reporting industry. She then moved to the beautiful Sonoran Desert in Arizona to be closer to her family.