Lead Hardware Engineer
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third-party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Our client offers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13, 000+ top professionals, they partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas.
Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience. All education requirements will be verified.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- IPT Lead for a small team (3-5 people) of mechanical and electrical engineers responsible for hardware design, development, documentation, and life cycle support.
- Understands and performs design and development in such areas as mechanical, thermal, hydraulic, thermodynamic, or heat transfer for production, transmission, measurement, and use of mechanical and/or electromechanical systems, instruments, controls, engines and/or machines. Also have a good understanding and working knowledge of electrical design, equipment, components, and systems.
- Leads development of strategic tasks or small to mid-size projects by applying engineering and organizational knowledge and expertise to achieve technical goals
- Provides technical input to Project or Engineering Management in linking project-related strategy to achieve business goals
- Monitors the project from initiation through delivery including planning and directing schedules and monitoring budget/spending
- Understands and interprets the technical, organizational and process aspects of the task assigned and can relate them to the technical needs of the overall project or organization
- Plans and executes small to mid-size projects or task elements within larger projects, organizations, or for groups of projects
- Responsible for the completion of assigned engineering tasks or mid-size projects within budgetary and scheduling guidelines
- Directs, coordinates, and exercises functional authority for planning, organization, control, integration, and completion of engineering tasks or small projects within area of assigned responsibility
- Actively uncovers technical and organizational risks and ensures they are included in risk mitigation plans
- Participates in development of program strategies and teaming strategies as they relate to the assigned project
- Participates in the development of executable project plans on proposals
- May provide leadership and/or direction to employees. Mentors lower labor grades in mechanical principles and project performance
- Creative, innovative responsibilities requiring advanced decision-making skills
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors
- Carries out other tasks, not listed, assigned by supervisor
- Travel may be required
- Develop and review engineering drawings and technical documentations. Proficient with using AutoCAD Inventor drawing and modeling software. Experience with hardware cabinets, enclosure, and structural design used in undersea platforms (i.E. Submarines). Understand installation of equipment for thermal and mechanical stress/safety considerations. Good understanding and working knowledge of electrical hardware design and components.
- Strong experience with environmental qualification testing of hardware and system components, including EQT test development and execution.
- Strong experience and understanding with manufacturing and production processes, procedures, and standards (e.G. IPC620, ANSI, EIA, etc.). Support the build, inspection, and qualification of components, equipment, and assemblies.
- Solid understanding, experience, and working knowledge of the AN/BQQ-10 SONAR system.
- Progam schedule and cost management and reporting. Understanding of EVMS is a plus.
- Strong communication skills. Interface with managers, engineering project and team leads, and customers. Able to lead and guide a small team.
- Shows initiative on assignments, exercises independent judgment and professionally executes projects with little direction
- Comfortable with multitasking and customer presentations.
- All Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
Director of IT Business Development
With a reputation for delivering creative and cost-effective programming within the workforce solutions industry, Brad is a results oriented, seasoned business development professional with Contract Professionals, Inc. He effectively leads the company’s IT Division, to deliver sophisticated IT talent to a diverse and growing client base.
Brad comes with 19 years of industry experience, working with some of the largest and most well respected international companies in the world. He possesses management oversight experience from a local to a national level; executing creative and complex workforce solutions to Fortune 15 - Fortune 5000 companies.
Brad enjoys connecting deserving job seekers to their desired professions.He’s successfully delivered 1000's of skilled candidates to hiring managers in the financial services, telecom, health care, education and aerospace/defense industries.
Brad is also an expert at client relationship development and management. He is known, industry wide for his ability and willingness to place a high value on client satisfaction. He does this by conducting regular audits of the workforce solutions he delivers to his clients. If there is a better or most cost effective way to do it, he’ll find it and deliver.
Brad is a true problem solver and long-term relationship builder, with a keen eye for talented human resources.
Brad grew up in a Phoenix suburb. When he is not working, he enjoys trying new sports & activities with his large family.