Lead Software Engineer (MPU)
Sterling Heights, MI US
Sterling Heights, MI
The engineer will participate in activities covering the entire software development life-cycle, from requirements development to final testing and delivery of software products.
Candidate will be issued a SECRET Clearance within a reasonable time upon hire
- Lead the Mission Processing Unit (MPU) memory protection unit software team across a particular platforms of vehicles
- Provide assignments to MPU team
- Mentor MPU development team
- Pull together MPU software releases (integrate individual changes and create release requests)
- Provide overall status on MPU efforts to respective software project leads
- Develop MPU software including power control, diagnostics, coordination across other software items, and states and modes.
- Perform software requirements analysis
- Develop software preliminary and detail design utilizing software design tools as specified by department standards
- Develop code to implement software design, code development shall conform to department standards and procedures
- Develop test procedures and perform unit/functional test on the executable software
- Perform hardware/software integration
- Debug software issues discovered throughout multiple testing phases
- Develop and maintain software in accordance with the project and department development processes
- Prepare status reports to management and support design/code reviews
- Interface with other departments and business units, including Systems Engineering and Quality
- Previous experience working in the defense industry desired
- Able to bring continuous improvement processes and methodologies to the position. Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills is required Works well in team and individually
- Must be able to work occasional evening and/or weekend overtime as required
Due to the nature of the work, this role may require on-site presence up to 75%.
9-80 Work Schedule (This position' s standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.)
Bachelor' s Degree in Computer Engineer, Electrical Engineering or related discipline plus 7 years in a related role is desired.
US CITIZENSHIP is required
Meet Your Recruiter
Team Leader - Defense Solutions
A seasoned recruiting and sales professional with more than 7 years of industry experience, Jason Briggs joins the Contract Professionals, Inc. (CPI) team as the Director of Business Development, Information Technology Division in Scottsdale, Arizona.
With a talent for creative problem solving and coalition building, Jason started his career at Oxford and Associates in 2013, generating $2.3 million in sales by targeting the hardware, software, IT, and science & technology industries.
Subsequently, Jason joined KT Consulting as a Federal Department of Defense (DoD) Senior Recruiter focusing on winning and staffing One Acquisition Solution for Integrated Services (OASIS-SB) Proposals and Contracts for the United States Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marines.
Relocating to Arizona in 2017, Jason is originally from Wisconsin. He graduated from the University of Wisconsin Stout with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business with a focus in Risk Management.
Jason attended St. John's Northwestern Military Academy in Wisconsin where he was exposed to JROTC leadership education training and military sciences. He has served on alumni executive board for the University of Wisconsin Stout's National social philanthropy fraternity, Phi Sigma Phi. Jason also continues to provide support for local dog rescue organizations in the Phoenix area by donating time and participating in local adoption events.