Lead Software Engineer
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third-party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Our client offers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13, 000+ top professionals, they partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas.
Bachelor' s degree in software engineering or a related technical field is required (or equivalent experience), plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master' s degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience. Education requirements will be verified.
As a Lead Software Engineer, you will:
- Provide leadership to lower level employees and teams
- Lead small technical proposals and contributes to medium sized proposals
- Frequently responsible to lead collaboration activities with senior management and leadership within the company
- Perform software requirements analysis, participate in research, design, develop and test software and tools, to include development of new work products or enhancing existing applications
- Perform technical planning, verification and validation of others work, cost and risk analysis, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems
- Apply the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the system development life cycle to support the generation of technical engineering products
- Research and analyze data, such as customer design proposals, market trends, state of technology and industry, specifications and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application
- Support and develop our technical culture by being engaged, intellectually curious, friendly, motivated to solve complex problems, and inspired to deliver superior user-centered design
- Participate in internal reviews of software components and systems
Candidates should have demonstrated strengths and experience in the following areas:
- User Interface development
- Computer science theory (e.G., data structures, algorithms, computational complexity)
- Appreciation for user-centric design
- Full use and understanding of software engineering concepts, principles, and theories
- Effective communication and attention to detail
- Deep exposure to Unix/Linux systems as well as Windows
- Strong fundamentals in data structures and algorithms
- Solid object oriented programming and software design skills
Other beneficial common programming patterns/paradigms:
- Seasoned, experienced professional having a wide range of professional experience
- Experience with version control systems
- Experience leading software teams using Agile methodologies
- Detailed and fully proficient knowledge of technology trends and champions new ideas and product and process improvements
- Concurrent programming and building multi-threaded systems
- Memory and CPU profiling
- Data modeling and writing efficient data access methods
- Experience building large-scale mission-critical applications
- Experience with distributed systems
- Direct-manipulation user interfaces
- Information visualization.
Meet Your Recruiter
Director of IT Business Development
With a reputation for delivering creative and cost-effective programming within the workforce solutions industry, Brad is a results oriented, seasoned business development professional with Contract Professionals, Inc. He effectively leads the company’s IT Division, to deliver sophisticated IT talent to a diverse and growing client base.
Brad comes with 19 years of industry experience, working with some of the largest and most well respected international companies in the world. He possesses management oversight experience from a local to a national level; executing creative and complex workforce solutions to Fortune 15 - Fortune 5000 companies.
Brad enjoys connecting deserving job seekers to their desired professions.He’s successfully delivered 1000's of skilled candidates to hiring managers in the financial services, telecom, health care, education and aerospace/defense industries.
Brad is also an expert at client relationship development and management. He is known, industry wide for his ability and willingness to place a high value on client satisfaction. He does this by conducting regular audits of the workforce solutions he delivers to his clients. If there is a better or most cost effective way to do it, he’ll find it and deliver.
Brad is a true problem solver and long-term relationship builder, with a keen eye for talented human resources.
Brad grew up in a Phoenix suburb. When he is not working, he enjoys trying new sports & activities with his large family.