Linux Kernel Software Engineer
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third-party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Our client offers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13, 000+ top professionals, they partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas.
Bachelor' s degree in software engineering or a related technical field is required (or equivalent experience), plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master' s degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience. All education requirements are verified. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Strong knowledge of Linux Operating System, including developing, integrating, and troubleshooting is required
- Strong knowledge security patching of Linux Operating System
- Working knowledge of Java development
- Working knowledge of virtual machines
- 5+ years of experience software development and integration
- Working knowledge of routers, switches, firewalls
- Familiarity with dockers and containers a plus
- Familiarity with Ruby/Ruby on Rails a plus
- Familiarity with RF a plus
- Excellent ability to develop solutions to highly complex problems that require significant ingenuity, innovation and creativity
- Applies extensive technical expertise and has full knowledge of other related disciplines
- Performs work without appreciable direction
- May act as a team leader, thus, contributing to the successful completion of a major program
- Interacts with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations
- Represents organization as prime technical contact on contracts and projects
- Erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in failure to achieve major organizational objectives
- Guides the successful completion of major programs and may function in a project leadership role
- Completed work is reviewed from a relatively long-term perspective for desired results
- Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment
- Ensures solutions are consistent with organization and customer objectives
- Displays excellent leadership skills and critical thinking skills.
- May make decisions and develop concepts that have long-lasting influence on the future course of the division, function, or program.
Meet Your Recruiter
Jessica Salazar joined Contract Professionals, Inc in May 2019 as a Technical Recruiter. Prior to joining CPI, Jessica worked at a healthcare staffing solutions company, hiring certified clinicians for the state of Arizona.
Aside from recruiting in the healthcare industry, she comes to CPI with prior experience in recruiting for aviation and general administration verticals.
Jessica specializes in full life cycle recruiting with an emphasis on IT, engineering and aerospace at local, regional, and government levels. She is passionate about executing comprehensive workforce solutions for her clients; facilitating contract and direct hire candidate positions.
Jessica welcomes a challenge and she is consistently excited about problem solving for her candidates/clients.
Jessica is proud to be military veteran, after serving in the United States Army. During her time in the Army, she welcomed the opportunity to specialize in human resources administration. She credits her time in the military for opening her eyes to the rewarding world of recruiting.
Jessica is a mom of two children and is currently planning her wedding.