Logistics Product Software Developer
Sterling Heights, MI US
Candidate must be able to obtain a SECRET Security Clearance within reasonable time of hire.
This entry-level / junior position demands strong technical and communication skills to develop and support a variety of logistics software. Tasks include software development, documentation, technical support, application and database administration and user training. Candidate must have the ability to analyze, design, develop, document, test, deploy and support software applications, with strong skills in programming/scripting and database systems. Applicant must work in a team environment to support, analyze, and derive requirements and assist in the development of new software and improvements to existing applications.
- Knowledge of Windows, Unix, and Linux operating systems and development environments.
- Computer programming / scripting language skills including Perl, Python, Visual Basic.NET, and Unix / Linux / Windows shell scripting.
- Object oriented programming / language skills (Python, Java, C#, or C++).
- Knowledge of database systems / design, SQL (PL/SQL, T-SQL, or MySQL), and common Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) such as SQL Server, MySQL, or Oracle.
- Markup language skills including XML and DTD / Schema (XSD), additional markup language skills such as XSL and SGML a plus.
- Familiarity with Adobe ExtendScript, Ghostscript a plus.
- Experience with Logistics Product Data (LPD) software development and application / database administration a major plus.
- Experience with IBM Cognos Analytics / Reporting and / or Oracle E-Business a major plus.
- Strong propensity to record and document processes, software, and source code.
- Strong analytical and creative thinking skills to comfortably solve complex problems.
- Willingness to learn new technologies and programming languages as required with or without formal training.
- Personal computer skills including competence with Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to perform efficiently in a team environment and adhere to standard practices.
- Adherence to strict project schedules and ability to meet extremely high quality standards.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance.
- Ability to work both on-site and remotely as required.
- Occasional weekday and/or weekend overtime.
- Occasional, short-term travel.
Bachelor' s Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
Candidate must be able to obtain a SECRET Security Clearance within reasonable time of hire. All applicants selected will be subject to a US Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, US citizenship is required.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third-party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Meet Your Recruiter
Team Leader - Defense Solutions
With over 14 years of recruiting experience, Greg specializes in recruiting military veterans for Contract Professionals, Inc.'s defense clients nationwide (CONUS)and overseas (OCONUS). Part of his job is to also mentor new CPI recruiters and assist them in meeting their career objectives.
Greg takes great pride in his ability to support our military veterans, as they navigate the transition process. This includes providing transitioning military personnel with job information and vital career guidance, after they are discharged from the military. Greg regularly works to support transitioning military personnel and veterans by matching their skills to a rewarding career within their area of expertise.
Greg holds a Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration from Western Michigan University.
He enjoys golf, cooking, travel, music and most sports! Go Broncos!