Plymouth, MI US
This person will be responsible for quoting defense, commercial and transportation projects, by establishing the BOM to processing all parts and associated manufacturing processes. Ideal candidate will have familiarity with steel structure fabrication methods such as machining, forming, stamping, mechanical assembly and various welding are necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. Also, additional job duties may be assigned.
- Investigates, establishes, and implements requirements for equipment, tooling, materials, or methods of manufacturing including preparing the necessary facts so a make versus buy decision can be made.
- Responsible for the coordination of assigned projects from concept through final implementation.
- Assembles timelines and coordinates required activities to bring assigned projects to successful completion within timing and budget targets.
- Informs management on progress through formal project updates and formulate recovery plans to accommodate changes to timing or project scope.
- Works collaboratively with the sales team to bring in new work, while maintaining customer base
- Responsible for providing timely and accurate cost estimates of labor and material calculations to customers in wide and diverse areas of manufacturing and fabrications
- Manages customer expectations through communication of capabilities, capacities, lead times, and quotes
- Works collaboratively with engineering and operations to coordinate fabrication activities to conform to drawings and customer specifications
- Analyzes blueprints, specifications, and other documents to prepare time, cost, and labor estimates for customers
- Understands project logistics and project schedule
- Solicits vendor and subcontractor bids including comparing and analyzing competitive subcontractor and supplier bids
- Strategically evaluates margin potential, project risks, project fit, and competitive environment
- Responsible for accuracy of all components of estimating spreadsheets including verifying correct labor hours are assigned to the proper tasks, labor rates are accurate, internal cost allocations, assumption, material, transportation, and other services not performed by company
- Prepares and maintains a directory of suppliers, contractors, and subcontractors
- Other duties as needed
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in engineering principles, methods of sheet metal fabrications, sheet metal components, metal cutting processing, and general estimating.
- Possesses strong technical background and working knowledge in sheet metal fabrication and the creation of process plans for welding, cutting, punching, bending, etc.
- Ability to create, read and interpret drawings, specifications, designs, and engineering prints
- Experience with integrating electronic and hydraulic components a plus
- Experience with basic computer systems
- Proficient with Microsoft Operating System as well as MS Excel, Word and Project
- Well organized, flexible, detail oriented, strong attention to accuracy and has ability to multi-task
- Ability to prioritize workload and consistently meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain discretion, professionalism and confidentiality at all times
- Strong interpersonal skills
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third-party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Meet Your Recruiter
Crisi Mintz joined the Contract Professionals, Inc. team as a Technical Recruiter in January 2023, in order to support efforts to bring the Arizona recruitment team to scale.
A Zillow 5-Star Premier Agent, Crisi has been a licensed realtor for more than 15 years. During her career in real estate, her fiduciary responsibilities included residential, commercial, and investor clients for complex real estate transitions. She also facilitated timely closings, conducted complex negotiations, developed and executed marketing strategies, and managed budgets. Throughout her career, Crisi developed a reputation as an expert salesperson and master problem solver.
This is not Crisi’s first time at Contract Professionals, Inc. Crisi first joined the Contract Professionals, Inc. team in 1993. She was recruited by the management team to sit on the “Operations Action Team” in pursuit of ISO-9000.
Crisi holds BA in Business Administration from Oakland University in Rochester, Michigan.