Sterling Heights, MI US
Hybrid/Onsite: Due to the nature of the work, this role requires 80% on site presence.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Develops and integrates components into vehicle platforms to meet vehicle performance requirements including human factors, safety, environmental, ballistic and mine blast requirements.
- Conducts design, integration and analysis of mechanical components, mechanisms and shock attenuation systems for mounting devices.
- Applies the mechanics of materials, material selection, welding, and fabrication principles for mechanical components and complex welded brackets, mounting provisions
- Supports various projects by doing analysis & design, drawing mark-ups, tolerance stacks along with generating source data for engineering changes.
- Responsible for writing material requests and shop work requests, track delivery and stock of parts, participate in integration reviews, fit checks, and write reports.
- Provides support to prototype and production vehicle build and follow-up, technical corrective action formulation, troubleshooting and redesign activities.
- Conduct failure analysis and corrective action along with responsible for technical writing and presentations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor' s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 5+ years in a related role is desired.
- Demonstrated understanding of mechanical engineering principles.
- Experience supporting prototype and/or production build activities.
- Experience with root cause and corrective activities.
- Solid modeling experience with NX and Creo desired.
- Experience with Teamcenter and Vis Mockup a plus.
Additional Information / Desired Experience:
- Previous experience working on ground combat Vehicles desired.
- This position may require the candidate to be able to climb on/off, work in, and work around military vehicles is desired. Must meet the Anthropometric Size Requirements (ASR) to entry into the driver' s station or into an enclosed military vehicle (under 6' 3 " AND under 260 lbs WITH steel toed boots and coveralls on).
- Able to work overtime when required
- Able to bring continuous improvement processes and methodologies to the position. Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills is required Works well in team and individually
- Must be able to work occasional evening and/or weekend overtime as required
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIREMENT:
This assignment is a US Government Contract which requires all applicants to be US Citizens.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third-party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Meet Your Recruiter
Team Leader - Defense Solutions
With over 14 years of recruiting experience, Greg specializes in recruiting military veterans for Contract Professionals, Inc.'s defense clients nationwide (CONUS)and overseas (OCONUS). Part of his job is to also mentor new CPI recruiters and assist them in meeting their career objectives.
Greg takes great pride in his ability to support our military veterans, as they navigate the transition process. This includes providing transitioning military personnel with job information and vital career guidance, after they are discharged from the military. Greg regularly works to support transitioning military personnel and veterans by matching their skills to a rewarding career within their area of expertise.
Greg holds a Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration from Western Michigan University.
He enjoys golf, cooking, travel, music and most sports! Go Broncos!