Sterling Heights, MI US
Candidate must be able to obtain a DoD SECRET Security Clearance within a reasonable time of hire.
- Develop LRU thermal model from CAD model, calculate PWB thermal conductivity, run conjugate steady state or transient thermal analysis as needed, run multiple thermal case studies, identify component level thermal margin estimation.
- Perform early identification of over temperature components to guide chassis design, minimize thermal resistance, and optimize heat spreading.
- Perform gap analysis for thermal interface materials to circuit board to maximize heat transfer and minimize bending loads.
- Create thermal models of LRU' s that show temperature in 3-dimensional space and in time when transient analysis is appropriate.
- Compare dissimilar shock and vibration profiles and envelope multiple shock and vibration profiles to develop equivalent damage profiles to reduce the number of tests or reduce test time.
- Run modal analysis on LRU components and LRU on isolators.
- Perform sway estimates of concept and existing LRUs on multiple isolators.
- Calculate design margin for solder joint failure for circuit card assemblies during shock and vibration events.
- High proficiency in interpretation and application of ASME Y 14.5M-2009.
- Have a firm understanding of mechanical engineering practices as this relate to product development activities in military land vehicle designs.
- Ability to work with 2D drawings as well as ability to work in a 3D CAD environment as we transition into engineering digital transformation.
- Working knowledge of Teamcenter and other CAD systems desirable.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing fabrication, processes and capabilities.
- Working knowledge of Design for Manufacturing and Assembly practices.
- Working knowledge of tooling / functional gaging practices.
- Knowledge of quality inspection techniques and ability to interpret CMM data.
- Knowledge of machine design engineering practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Solid modeling experience with NX and Creo desired.
- Experience with Teamcenter and Vis Mockup a plus.
- Strong technical writing and presentation skills sought.
Additional Information / Desired Experience:
- This position may require eligibility to obtain a US security clearance.
- Previous experience working on ground combat Vehicles desired.
- This position may require the candidate to be able to climb on/off, work in, and work around military vehicles is desired. Must be able to pass ASR test (Anthropometric Size Requirement for confined space)
- Able to bring continuous improvement processes and methodologies to the position. Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills is required Works well in team and individually.
- Must be able to work occasional evening and/or weekend overtime as required.
- Familiarity with mechanical industry interface standards and form factors (VITA42/46, COM Express, ETX, VPX etc ...)
- Familiarity with military standards and test requirements desired.
Bachelor' s degree in Mechanical Engineering plus 3+ years plus in a related role is desired.
Candidate must be able to obtain a DoD SECRET Security Clearance within a reasonable time of hire. All applicants selected will be subject to a US Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, US citizenship is required.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third-party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.