Sterling Heights, MI US
About the Role:
This Mechanical Engineering role will design and release mechanical components and subsystems for military ground vehicles. This includes the application of engineering principles to generate designs to solve complex problems and provide support for the build, test and production of the designs. The areas of focus may include shock/vibration isolation and mounting of devices, stowage equipment integration, seating and crew accommodations and battery enclosures.
Hybrid/Onsite: Due to the nature of the work, this role requires 80% on site presence.
Responsibilities to Anticipate for this role:
- Develops and integrates components into vehicle platforms to meet vehicle performance requirements including human factors, safety, environmental, ballistic and mine blast requirements.
- Conducts design, integration and analysis of mechanical components, mechanisms and shock attenuation systems for mounting devices.
- Applies the mechanics of materials, material selection, welding, and fabrication principles for mechanical components and complex welded brackets, mounting provisions.
- Supports various projects by doing analysis & design, drawing mark-ups, tolerance stacks along with generating source data for engineering changes.
- Responsible for writing material requests and shop work requests, track delivery and stock of parts, participate in integration reviews, fit checks, and write reports.
- Provides support to prototype and production vehicle build and follow-up, technical corrective action formulation, troubleshooting and redesign activities.
- Conduct failure analysis and corrective action along with responsible for technical writing and presentations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 5-7 years in a related role is desired.
- Demonstrated understanding of mechanical engineering principles.
- Experience supporting prototype and/or production build activities.
- Experience with root cause and corrective activities.
- Solid modeling experience with NX and Creo desired.
- Experience with Teamcenter and Vis Mockup a plus.
Additional Information / Desired Experience
- Previous experience working on ground combat Vehicles desired.
- This position may require the candidate to be able to climb on/off, work in, and work around military vehicles is desired. Must be able to pass ASR test (Anthropometric Size Requirement for confined space)
- Able to work overtime when required.
- Able to bring continuous improvement processes and methodologies to the position. Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills is required Works well in team and individually.
- Must be able to work occasional evening and/or weekend overtime as required.
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIREMENT:
This assignment is a US Government Contract which requires all applicants to be US Citizens.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Meet Your Recruiter
Terry Walton was brought into Contract Professionals, Inc. to act as highly specialized and experienced technical recruiter, with a focus on engineering and informational technology. Known industry wide for his ability to cultivate and recruit best in class candidates, Terry was named the number one recruiter (out of 45 recruiters) with his previous employer, for more than six consecutive years. He was also a member of the Chairman’s Club from 2017-2019.
Passionate about mentoring others, Terry also has extensive experience training new recruiters to navigate the entire recruitment life cycle; providing novice recruiters with the education, skills, and tools necessary to become successful staffing specialists.
Terry was conferred a Bachelor of Applied Science (BASc), Business Administration and Management from Robert Morris University in 2003.
Terry is happily married to Jennifer Walton. Together they have three boys: Houston 13, Phoenix 9, and Kingston 6. All their children play school and travel basketball, baseball, and football. A sports enthusiast himself, Terry coaches AAU All-Star Basketball. He is also the Head Coach of Grade School Tackle Football for Butler, PA.