Mechanical Technician 2
Chandler, AZ US
The ideal candidate will be able to work under minimal supervision, be a quick learner, and a team player. He / She will have high integrity and understand the importance of escalating errors to their supervisor immediately. The candidate should also be open to adjusting work schedules as the needs of the business change.
Applicant must have an active DoD Secret Security clearance prior to hire to be considered for this position.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
- Plan machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Align and fasten work using standard fixtures and established methods.
- Use a variety of machinist hand tools and precision measuring instruments.
- Perform computations relating to dimensions of work, tooling, feeds, and speeds.
- Program and edit G-Code and conversational.
- Implement lean initiatives by identifying and providing suggestions on areas for improvement.
- Experience running machines and setup
- Experience on 3 Axis CNC machines
- Experience on CNC lathes
- Experience editing G-Code
- 2 years of experience with 5 Axis CNC vertical machining centers.
- Associates degree or Trade School certification
High school diploma or equivalent/GED and 2 years of additional education and/or related experience. Preference of Associates degree or Trade School certification.
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIREMENT:
This assignment is a US Government Contract which requires all applicants to be US Citizens.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third-party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Meet Your Recruiter
Team Leader - Defense Solutions
A seasoned recruiting and sales professional with more than 7 years of industry experience, Jason Briggs joins the Contract Professionals, Inc. (CPI) team as the Director of Business Development, Information Technology Division in Scottsdale, Arizona.
With a talent for creative problem solving and coalition building, Jason started his career at Oxford and Associates in 2013, generating $2.3 million in sales by targeting the hardware, software, IT, and science & technology industries.
Subsequently, Jason joined KT Consulting as a Federal Department of Defense (DoD) Senior Recruiter focusing on winning and staffing One Acquisition Solution for Integrated Services (OASIS-SB) Proposals and Contracts for the United States Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marines.
Relocating to Arizona in 2017, Jason is originally from Wisconsin. He graduated from the University of Wisconsin Stout with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business with a focus in Risk Management.
Jason attended St. John's Northwestern Military Academy in Wisconsin where he was exposed to JROTC leadership education training and military sciences. He has served on alumni executive board for the University of Wisconsin Stout's National social philanthropy fraternity, Phi Sigma Phi. Jason also continues to provide support for local dog rescue organizations in the Phoenix area by donating time and participating in local adoption events.