NETWORK ENGINEER V
Santa Ana, CA
Manage critical day to day and project work to bring operations and support to a steady state. Manage major operational activities and projects in coordination with the team and the project manager. Assist the Network Analyst with creation of network bandwidth and utilization reports, setting of network monitor thresholds and general oversight of the network health. Follow up on documentation of projects and new sites to ensure they match current standards. Working closely with the Network Architect, review new technologies and standards and assist with the development of SOP' s, runbooks and other Operational resources for the network team. Mentor the network and security engineers in their day to day operations. Report regular status of projects and operational issues to the SDM.
This Role Performs:
- Design, analysis, planning, modification and maintenance of the network and security components, including network monitoring systems
- Evaluation of new network and security technology
- Analysis of short/long term capacity needs for switching, routing transmission and signaling
- Provision of specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture; the provision of information for hardware and software selection; and the selection of tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements
- Test network and security systems
- Monitor and resolve network incidents on a 24X7 basis
- The position maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and security hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switches, firewalls and gateways.
- Strong experience with Cisco Systems network, security and datacenter products
- Experience designing and deploying wireless technologies
- Experience managing large site build and move projects
- Strong background with Service and Change Management
- Ability to present very complex technical concepts in understandable language
- Experience creating and presenting project plans and designs
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
Education & Experience Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering or related field and a minimum of 11 years of experience on network & cyber security or a Masters Degree and 10 years experience.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) is preferred.
Director of Business Development - Information Technology
With a reputation for delivering creative and cost-effective programming within the workforce solutions industry, Brad is a results oriented, seasoned business development professional with Contract Professionals, Inc. He effectively leads the company’s IT Division, to deliver sophisticated IT talent to a diverse and growing client base.
Brad comes with 19 years of industry experience, working with some of the largest and most well respected international companies in the world. He possesses management oversight experience from a local to a national level; executing creative and complex workforce solutions to Fortune 15 - Fortune 5000 companies.
Brad enjoys connecting deserving job seekers to their desired professions.He’s successfully delivered 1000's of skilled candidates to hiring managers in the financial services, telecom, health care, education and aerospace/defense industries.
Brad is also an expert at client relationship development and management. He is known, industry wide for his ability and willingness to place a high value on client satisfaction. He does this by conducting regular audits of the workforce solutions he delivers to his clients. If there is a better or most cost effective way to do it, he’ll find it and deliver.
Brad is a true problem solver and long-term relationship builder, with a keen eye for talented human resources.
Brad grew up in a Phoenix suburb. When he is not working, he enjoys trying new sports & activities with his large family.