- Work with a technical team of engineers to meet department goals.
- Support Agency projects by participating in stakeholder meetings and design reviews to evaluate the impact to NASA HQ operations.
- Support NASA HQ projects by collecting requirements, performing deep dive investigations on service impacting issues and create future corrective action plans for dissemination to other Network Engineering teams
- Evaluate, test, and implement new solutions.
- Maximizes network performance by implementing effective monitoring, and network capacity and IP (IPv4-IPv6) addressing within the network.
- Secures network against threats by establishing and enforcing policies, performing penetration testing and proactively defining and monitoring access controls.
- Participate in all required engineering meetings for the service lines that support enterprise network services across the NASA Centers.
- Develop deployment procedures (within change management guidelines) and upgrade strategies for the network infrastructure.
- Collaborate with other teams and contractors to resolve problems for any escalated engineering issues and provide support needed to troubleshoot network issues.
- Plan, schedule, coordinate, and implement configuration changes, operating system upgrades, network maintenance activities which include firmware, hardware replacement and network infrastructure changes.
- Create and maintain network documentation and connectivity diagrams using Visio, processes documentation and other documentation of live network environments for internal and customer use.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external audiences with varying levels of technical expertise.
- Provide input for security recommendations, policy changes, security plans and data calls.
- Adhere to the organization' s policy and procedures.
- Provide after-hours support for outages and maintenance activities.
Qualifications - REQUIRED
- Bachelor' s degree in Network Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related subject
- 7+ years of proven, hands-on network engineering experience
- CCNA/CCNP or (more advanced certifications highly valued)
- Demonstrable mastery of networking standards and protocols (e.G., IPSEC, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS)
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with an eagerness to provide outstanding customer service to internal and external clients
- Advanced degree or continued education in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related subject
- Experience with wireless network, ViTS, and VoIP technologies.
- Experience managing large scale network construction or installation projects
- Experience working with SLAs and uptime requirements.
Director of IT Business Development
With a reputation for delivering creative and cost-effective programming within the workforce solutions industry, Brad is a results oriented, seasoned business development professional with Contract Professionals, Inc. He effectively leads the company’s IT Division, to deliver sophisticated IT talent to a diverse and growing client base.
Brad comes with 19 years of industry experience, working with some of the largest and most well respected international companies in the world. He possesses management oversight experience from a local to a national level; executing creative and complex workforce solutions to Fortune 15 - Fortune 5000 companies.
Brad enjoys connecting deserving job seekers to their desired professions.He’s successfully delivered 1000's of skilled candidates to hiring managers in the financial services, telecom, health care, education and aerospace/defense industries.
Brad is also an expert at client relationship development and management. He is known, industry wide for his ability and willingness to place a high value on client satisfaction. He does this by conducting regular audits of the workforce solutions he delivers to his clients. If there is a better or most cost effective way to do it, he’ll find it and deliver.
Brad is a true problem solver and long-term relationship builder, with a keen eye for talented human resources.
Brad grew up in a Phoenix suburb. When he is not working, he enjoys trying new sports & activities with his large family.