Network Software Engineer
Sterling Heights, MI US
You will join our Embedded OS/BSP team with an emphasis on Networking Infrastructure. The team is responsible for designing, enhancing and maintaining the core networking stack OS components used in most Ground Vehicle Combat platforms, including but not limited to Abrams, Stryker and Derivative Vehicles and platforms.
Candidate must be able to obtain a SECRET Security Clearance within reasonable time of hire.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Networking APIs, protocols, as well as performance optimizations of various networking layers.
- The ideal candidate should possess an excellent conceptual understanding of networking stack internals and their interactions within the Operating System, both towards applications as well as network device drivers.
- Good working knowledge of TCP/IP and system level software design and implementation experience is also essential.
- The position will require the right candidate to determine the appropriate compromise between several competing factors such as performance (throughput and latency), energy efficiency (CPU and memory usage), ease of use and security.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 7 years' experience in a Software role.
- Commercial networking software and/or hardware products development experience.
- Strong software design and development skills, including C or C++ programming language experience.
- Up-to-date and thorough knowledge of:
- Link-layer technologies (e.G. Ethernet, Wi-Fi, Cellular, etc.)
- TCP/IP protocol suite
- Networking stack implementations (e.G. Linux, RTOS, FPGA, etc.)
- System level and network troubleshooting skills
- Must be able to work occasional evening and/or weekend overtime as required.
- System level development experience on OS or RTOS Application Experience with user-space networking stack technologies and frameworks (e.G. Netmap, VPP, Tactical Targeting Network, Strategic, Operational, and Tactical Network Domains, etc.)
- IP routing and NAT/Firewall Software switches API development experience Hardware offload experience Wireless networking technologies and standards (Wi-Fi and cellular) Network debugging tools (e.G. Packet sniffers, protocol analyzers) System profiling and performance optimization experience.
- The candidate needs to be able to work in a fast-paced environment, operate gracefully under stress, handle multiple assignments in parallel, and be self-driven to be effective in an DoD (Department of Defense) environment with little overhead.
- The candidate also needs to show initiative, be able to take ownership of a problem area, and demonstrate an ability to understand the role of the group' s technology in the larger context of the product and network environment.
- Strong multi-tasking skills.
- The candidate will need to have strong written and oral communication skills.
- Previous experience working on ground combat Vehicles desired.
Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar discipline plus 7 years of relevant experience required.
Candidate must be able to obtain a SECRET Security Clearance within reasonable time of hire. All applicants selected will be subject to a US Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, US citizenship is required.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third-party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Meet Your Recruiter
Terry Walton was brought into Contract Professionals, Inc. to act as highly specialized and experienced technical recruiter, with a focus on engineering and informational technology. Known industry wide for his ability to cultivate and recruit best in class candidates, Terry was named the number one recruiter (out of 45 recruiters) with his previous employer, for more than six consecutive years. He was also a member of the Chairman’s Club from 2017-2019.
Passionate about mentoring others, Terry also has extensive experience training new recruiters to navigate the entire recruitment life cycle; providing novice recruiters with the education, skills, and tools necessary to become successful staffing specialists.
Terry was conferred a Bachelor of Applied Science (BASc), Business Administration and Management from Robert Morris University in 2003.
Terry is happily married to Jennifer Walton. Together they have three boys: Houston 13, Phoenix 9, and Kingston 6. All their children play school and travel basketball, baseball, and football. A sports enthusiast himself, Terry coaches AAU All-Star Basketball. He is also the Head Coach of Grade School Tackle Football for Butler, PA.