Pack Systems Optimization Engineer
Pack Systems Optimization Engineer:
Crash structure including frame/subframe, suspension, steering system, wheel end, flexibles, power plant, dash mounted components or exhaust (as applicable). Responsibilities Include: - Analyze complex systems - Develop benchmarks for multifunctional systems, including enterprise cost, weight and function - Cascade realistic/balanced targets and functional breakdown to deliver quality and value - Develop cross-functional solutions that deliver cost, weight, performance and meet customer needs - Lead trade-off discussions in Systems Engineering Reviews - Work with purchasing to determine cost effective sourcing of the system - Develop new methods for system optimization and drive into the engineering process - Use SysML to document system information e.G. Requirements, behavior, and structure
- 2+ years of automotive and Systems Engineering experience
- 2+ years of relevant domain knowledge in body structures, electrical systems, electrical motors, chassis, or vehicle engineering
- Skill with a current optimization software such as Mode frontier or Heeds Demonstrated cross-functional team leadership ability
- Experienced in CAD, SysML and quality documentation (DFMEA, LFMA, Boundary Documents)
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, System's Engineering, or Physics
Eric is a Technical Recruiter for Contract Professionals, Inc. He supports the defense recruiting team by sourcing candidates, researching new recruiting channels, pre-screening candidates, and coordinating interviews. Eric and his team members strive to assist transitioning military personnel and veterans as they transition into civilian life. Their goal is to help their candidates match military skills and experience with a rewarding career in their areas of expertise.
Eric obtained an Associate of Science in Software Engineering and he has a strong background in information technology.