Plastics CAE Manufacturing Engineer
• Provide Plastics manufacturing analysis support to global PTI D&R teams to reduce product development time and cost. Typical analyses may involve Injection Mold Filling, Mold Cooling, & Warpage (a.K.A Moldflow Simulations), and Plastic Blow molding simulations etc.
• Interpret CAE results and explain their impact on part functionality and performance to product engineer to assist design and problem solving process.
• Attend injection and blow molding trials at the suppliers' plants and correlate the CAE results with the real trials.
• Provide support for Plastic Welding design and process optimization.
• Attend the welding trial at the molding & welding shop and provide onsite technical support as required to achieve first time pass of all welding operations
• Work with D&R engineers to achieve fail-proof and cost-effective part design solutions through CAE simulations.
• Provide support to PD and molding supplier in optimizing the Mold design.
• Visit suppliers' plants to assist them resolving injection molding process issues.
• Participate in fire-fighting and troubleshooting efforts to resolve molding issues by using Plastics process experience and Moldflow simulations.
• Interact with product/test engineers globally.
• Participate in developing new CAE Mfg. Methodology tackling current and future design problems more efficiently and accurately.
• Basic understanding of structural testing of sub-systems and components highly desired
• Good presentation, communication, leadership and team working skills.
• Analytical problem solving skills.
• Be able to travel to molding suppliers to their Domestic and international locations.
Two years experience in Injection Molding CAE simulations using software (Moldflow or Moldex3d) is preferred.
• B.S. Or higher degree in Plastics, Chemical, Mechanical or related engineering.
• Solid education and background in Polymers science, Polymers engineering, Injection Molding, Blow molding, Plastic welding and other plastic processing methods.
• Strong understanding of Plastic materials and their applications in automotive applications.
Matt started with Contract Professionals, Inc. in November 2014. He began as a Technical Recruiter assigned to the automotive team. He worked hand in hand with account managers, to spearhead specific projects with CPI's clients. Driven to succeed, Matt achieved his goal(s) within the first year. He continued working on accounts and he learned the leadership process throughout his 4-year career at CPI.
When the opportunity presented itself, he was promoted to Account Manager of the automotive division. He navigates the challenges in this new role by utilizing the senior staff in the office.
Matt was awarded a Bachelor of Art in Environmental Studies at University of Michigan. Matt also received an Associate degree in Automotive Mechanics from a local community college.
Matt is thriving as a new Account Manager at CPI, and he looks forward to the challenges that await him in the workforce solutions industry.