Power BI Developer
Sterling Heights, MI US
*** Candidates must be able to work onsite a minimum of 80% ***
About the Role
As the Power BI Developer you will be part of a dynamic Operational Excellence team which drives continuous improvement throughout the Engineering organization. The primary responsibility for this role is to develop data models, develop queries and transform data into a data structure that provides the ability for meaningful insights on the PowerBI dashboards & reports. You will work with stakeholders to identify business requirements, filtering, visualization and report requirements.
Responsibilities to Anticipate/Expect
- Convert business needs into technical specifications and establish a timetable for job completion.
- Apply proper security models on reports
- Recognize business requirements in the context of BI and create data models, and transform data for Business intelligence. Create relationships between data and develop tabular and other multidimensional data models
- Utilize DAX programming language to create the necessary data for use in visualization.
- Using Power BI, create, test, and deploy dashboards and interactive visualizations that facilitate execution of efficient deep analysis. Create charts and data documentation with explanations of algorithms, parameters, models, and relationships
Position Qualifications (Required)
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field
- Minimum 3 years of relevant Power BI experience including analytical and problem solving skills, data modeling and creation of interactive visualizations
- Excellent communication skills, as this role requires collaboration with cross-functional teams and stakeholders. Ability to communicate insights effectively to stakeholders
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to interpret complex data sets.
- Ability to write complex DAX expressions
- Strong understanding of Power Query and have the ability to combine multiple datasets
- Ability to apply row-level security on various dashboards for the appropriate end users
- Experience with databases, database administration, and data warehousing
Position Qualifications (Not required, but a plus)
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages (such as Python)
- Ability to develop Teamcenter Reporting and Analytics (TcRA) reports
- Familiarity with Engineering and Teamcenter processes
- Certified Microsoft Certified: Power BI Data Analyst Associate
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIREMENT:
This assignment is a US Government Contract which requires all applicants to be US Citizens.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Meet Your Recruiter
Terry Walton was brought into Contract Professionals, Inc. to act as highly specialized and experienced technical recruiter, with a focus on engineering and informational technology. Known industry wide for his ability to cultivate and recruit best in class candidates, Terry was named the number one recruiter (out of 45 recruiters) with his previous employer, for more than six consecutive years. He was also a member of the Chairman’s Club from 2017-2019.
Passionate about mentoring others, Terry also has extensive experience training new recruiters to navigate the entire recruitment life cycle; providing novice recruiters with the education, skills, and tools necessary to become successful staffing specialists.
Terry was conferred a Bachelor of Applied Science (BASc), Business Administration and Management from Robert Morris University in 2003.
Terry is happily married to Jennifer Walton. Together they have three boys: Houston 13, Phoenix 9, and Kingston 6. All their children play school and travel basketball, baseball, and football. A sports enthusiast himself, Terry coaches AAU All-Star Basketball. He is also the Head Coach of Grade School Tackle Football for Butler, PA.