Power Systems Engineer
Sterling Heights, MI US
- Develop/design intelligent electrical power distribution and management systems for military vehicles.
- Support development, design, and build of electrical power distribution and management hardware components.
- Model and simulate power distribution and management systems.
- Write electrical power system design requirements and associated interface control documents.
- Write electrical power hardware component development and/or design requirements and product fabrication documents.
- Write test requirements, test plans, and test procedures.
- Perform tests in the laboratory and in vehicles as required for power distribution and management systems and their associated power distribution hardware components, and provide detailed test reports as required.
- Support vehicle integration of power distribution and management systems and associated hardware.
- Troubleshoot vehicle electrical power system problems.
- Troubleshoot electrical power system hardware problems.
- Gather technical information, analyze technical problems, develop technical solutions and implement technical solutions.
- Conduct and/or participate in peer reviews of schematics and other drawings, specifications/requirements, interface control documents, I/O matrices, etc. As required.
- Participate in various trade studies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor' s degree in Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years in a related role is desired.
- Experience with electrical power systems (power generation, power distribution, power management, energy storage) on automotive or military vehicles, including the specification, development, design, testing, integration and troubleshooting of vehicle electrical power systems and their associated hardware components.
- Familiarity with various communication busses, especially experience with CAN bus, along with the ability to troubleshoot CAN bus related issues associated with hardware components of electrical power systems.
- Must be able to use engineering development and test tools independently.
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be able to handle task conflict and ambiguity and work with minimum supervision.
- This position may require the candidate to be able to climb on/off, work in and work around military vehicles is desired.
- Must meet the Anthropometric Size Requirements (ASR) to entry into the driver' s station or into an enclosed military vehicle (under 6' 3 " AND under 260 lbs. WITH steel toed boots and coveralls on).
- Work environment will consist of prototype shop, laboratory, manufacturing and office.
- Able to bring continuous improvement processes and methodologies to the position.
- Ability to travel up to 20% to other facilities and military installations if needed.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Works well in team and individually
- Must be able to work occasional evening and/or weekend overtime as required
- Proficient in MS Office suite
Familiarity with many of the following mandatory:
- Power generation, power distribution, power management, batteries/energy storage, power switching devices, power control devices,
- Motor control devices
- High power electronics
- Serial data busses (especially CAN bus)
- Single board computers
- Digital I/O cards, analog I/O cards
- Embedded systems.
- This position will require eligibility to obtain a Secret Security Clearance. (Non-US Citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance)
- Previous experience working on Ground Combat Vehicles (GCV) highly desired.
- Experience in Analog and Digital Circuit Design of high power (28, 270, 600 Vdc) switching components/electronics, DC/DC converters, inverters and motor controllers.
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIREMENT:
This assignment is a US Government Contract which requires all applicants to be US Citizens.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third-party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiting Team Leader of Defense Branch
With over 14 years of recruiting experience, Greg specializes in recruiting military veterans for Contract Professionals, Inc.'s defense clients nationwide (CONUS)and overseas (OCONUS). Part of his job is to also mentor new CPI recruiters and assist them in meeting their career objectives.
Greg takes great pride in his ability to support our military veterans, as they navigate the transition process. This includes providing transitioning military personnel with job information and vital career guidance, after they are discharged from the military. Greg regularly works to support transitioning military personnel and veterans by matching their skills to a rewarding career within their area of expertise.
Greg holds a Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration from Western Michigan University.
He enjoys golf, cooking, travel, music and most sports! Go Broncos!