Powertrain Cooling Engineer
Sterling Heights, MI US
Hybrid - Due to the nature of the work, this role may require on-site presence up to 80%
- Work with suppliers towards the development of the subsystems and components for the powertrain and environmental cooling systems
- Perform heat exchanger performance analysis
- Identify subsystem and component requirements
- Create test plans and actively lead or guide subsystem level testing
- Prepare and present information to leadership on the project progress and design solutions
- Direct and oversee CAD model development and drawings
- Address cost, reliability maintainability, safety, human factors in the development of design
- BS in Engineering required.
- Master' s Degree in Engineering and Doctorate preferred.
- 5 plus years relevant work experience.
- Established knowledge on heat exchangers and fans
- Experience in CAD and Advanced simulation tools such as Matlab-Simulink and Flowmaster
- Excellent analytical skills to appropriately size subsystems and components
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Ability to direct and lead others in a team environment
- Mind-set to work collaboratively in a team environment for program success
- Ability to improve existing processes to improve efficiency and speed
- Excellent Skills to develop technical documents and for oral communication
- Primary office work with Occasional travel to test locations
- Must be able to obtain/hold Secret Security Clearance
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIREMENT:
This assignment is a US Government Contract which requires all applicants to be US Citizens.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third-party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiting Team Leader of Defense Branch
With over 14 years of recruiting experience, Greg specializes in recruiting military veterans for Contract Professionals, Inc.'s defense clients nationwide (CONUS)and overseas (OCONUS). Part of his job is to also mentor new CPI recruiters and assist them in meeting their career objectives.
Greg takes great pride in his ability to support our military veterans, as they navigate the transition process. This includes providing transitioning military personnel with job information and vital career guidance, after they are discharged from the military. Greg regularly works to support transitioning military personnel and veterans by matching their skills to a rewarding career within their area of expertise.
Greg holds a Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration from Western Michigan University.
He enjoys golf, cooking, travel, music and most sports! Go Broncos!