Principal Electrical Engineer
York, PA US
- Military ground vehicle wiring harness and cabling design experience
- Experience working with electrical/electronic systems of military ground vehicles
- Working knowledge of Visio Technical, Pro-E, Pro-Cable and/or Equivalent
- System, subsystem and component specification development and the process to verify specifications
- Low voltage (28Vdc) power distribution and management (Solid State Power Controller/Programmable Power Controller)
- Vehicle Signal management (Sensor/Transducer Input/Output signal management)
- Smart Display Unit
- Working knowledge of military electrical connectors and electrical cabling specifications (SAEJ1939 CANBus, Mil-Std-1553, 10/100 and Gigabit Ethernet Protocols)
- Integration of military communication/antenna systems including BFT, SINCGARS, DAGR, CREW2
- Responsible for technical decisions, which may impact project completion.
- Specify and design components from system, subsystem, or configuration item requirements and demonstrate through modeling, simulation and analysis or test that these requirements are met.
- Prepares engineering documentation (specification, ICDs, design documents, and technical/test reports) and complete technical data packages.
- Prepares cost estimates and schedules for assigned electrical design projects.
- Prepares Change Notices, Engineering Change Proposals and Engineering Orders as required to complete assignments.
- Monitors procurement, manufacturing, and delivery of components through purchasing and manufacturing departments to ensure that schedules are met.
- Guide drafters and designers in creating clear and releasable documents.
- Provides regular status reports to supervisor, project engineer, and customers as needed.
6+ years' experience with BS or 4+ years' experience with MS degree
BS or MS in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university or equivalent engineering degree/experience
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIREMENT:
This assignment is a US Government Contract which requires all applicants to be US Citizens.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third-party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Meet Your Recruiter
Terry Walton was brought into Contract Professionals, Inc. to act as highly specialized and experienced technical recruiter, with a focus on engineering and informational technology. Known industry wide for his ability to cultivate and recruit best in class candidates, Terry was named the number one recruiter (out of 45 recruiters) with his previous employer, for more than six consecutive years. He was also a member of the Chairman’s Club from 2017-2019.
Passionate about mentoring others, Terry also has extensive experience training new recruiters to navigate the entire recruitment life cycle; providing novice recruiters with the education, skills, and tools necessary to become successful staffing specialists.
Terry was conferred a Bachelor of Applied Science (BASc), Business Administration and Management from Robert Morris University in 2003.
Terry is happily married to Jennifer Walton. Together they have three boys: Houston 13, Phoenix 9, and Kingston 6. All their children play school and travel basketball, baseball, and football. A sports enthusiast himself, Terry coaches AAU All-Star Basketball. He is also the Head Coach of Grade School Tackle Football for Butler, PA.