Principal Fiber Optic Communications Architect
A relocation package may be available for this position.
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third-party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Our client offers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13, 000+ top professionals, they partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas.
Bachelor's degree in Optical Engineering, Optical Sciences and Engineering, Physics, or Electrical Engineering from an accredited major university (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree in Optical Engineering, Optical Sciences and Engineering, Physics, or Electrical Engineering from an accredited major university plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience. Education requirements will be verified.
Background & Experience Required:
- Familiarity with high-speed transport, including SONET/SDH, GFP, and OTN, at rates up to 10 Gbps and higher (100G)
- Direct experience with commercial multiplexing, routing, and switching hardware and routing protocols
- Familiarity with performance monitoring metrics
- Familiarity with DWDM transport systems (metro, unrepeatered, or long-haul), and design and impairment analysis of such systems
- Familiarity with coherent systems
- Candidate should have experience in developing requirements and specifications, demonstrated leadership in an integrated team environment and excellent verbal and writing skills
- The Principal Fiber Optic Communications Architect will work with collaborative teams to design, develop and manage a variety of equipment and systems solutions. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation's core defense/intelligence services and systems.
- Will work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
- Will design, develop, build and test systems and products based on optic, photonic and laser technologies.
- Will interact with device, hardware and software design teams to assist in overall development of optical systems which includes: specifying, selecting and qualifying active and passive optical components, developing and benchmarking system performance models, developing and implementing test procedures and/or evaluating and selecting appropriate test instrumentation.
- Will recommend technological modifications to the development of new photonic products and/or design changes that improve performance of existing products.
Director of IT Business Development
With a reputation for delivering creative and cost-effective programming within the workforce solutions industry, Brad is a results oriented, seasoned business development professional with Contract Professionals, Inc. He effectively leads the company’s IT Division, to deliver sophisticated IT talent to a diverse and growing client base.
Brad comes with 19 years of industry experience, working with some of the largest and most well respected international companies in the world. He possesses management oversight experience from a local to a national level; executing creative and complex workforce solutions to Fortune 15 - Fortune 5000 companies.
Brad enjoys connecting deserving job seekers to their desired professions.He’s successfully delivered 1000's of skilled candidates to hiring managers in the financial services, telecom, health care, education and aerospace/defense industries.
Brad is also an expert at client relationship development and management. He is known, industry wide for his ability and willingness to place a high value on client satisfaction. He does this by conducting regular audits of the workforce solutions he delivers to his clients. If there is a better or most cost effective way to do it, he’ll find it and deliver.
Brad is a true problem solver and long-term relationship builder, with a keen eye for talented human resources.
Brad grew up in a Phoenix suburb. When he is not working, he enjoys trying new sports & activities with his large family.