Product Component Engineer
Allen Park, MI
- Work with teams to Identify key areas where engineering analysis and benchmarking information is required (i.E., platform analysis, ADAS, BEV, emerging technologies)
- Collaborate with program management, functional engineering, weight, marketing, VEV teams to identify full vehicle, system and commodity key performance indicators to be benchmarked
- Use 6 Sigma and statistical analysis methods to analyze and interpret benchmark data; deliver valuable and actionable in-depth strategic analysis of teardown properties and communicate results to their " customers”
- Develop and utilize " standard” engineering analysis reports to be conducted on all full vehicle teardowns
- Review competitive intelligence database, as well as external and internal competitive vehicle evaluation publications to determine future vehicle trends
- High level understanding of cost and quality features that drive full vehicle and system engineering efficiencies
- Plan, lead and execute workshops requested by their " customers”
- Support ad-hoc requests for benchmark data information/reports
- Support GPDS benchmarking deliverables
- Work collaboratively with A2MAC1, Caresoft and other external partners to benchmark properties and perform idea generation
- Support market alignment studies for specific and competitive vehicle sets
- Investigate alternative benchmarking strategies utilized on non-automotive properties
-6-Sigma methods and statistical analysis
-Ability to develop concise presentations and deliver findings to senior level management
-Ability to manage multiple priorities and customers
Understanding of automotive parts/components and assemblies
-Prior OEM Experience
-Experience with CPSCII Codes, MPNR, FACTS and, Team Center
-Knowledge of GPDS
-Prior benchmarking experience
- Cross commodity experience
-Engineering or Technical Degree Preferred
Matt started with Contract Professionals, Inc. in November 2014. He began as a Technical Recruiter assigned to the automotive team. He worked hand in hand with account managers, to spearhead specific projects with CPI's clients. Driven to succeed, Matt achieved his goal(s) within the first year. He continued working on accounts and he learned the leadership process throughout his 4-year career at CPI.
When the opportunity presented itself, he was promoted to Account Manager of the automotive division. He navigates the challenges in this new role by utilizing the senior staff in the office.
Matt was awarded a Bachelor of Art in Environmental Studies at University of Michigan. Matt also received an Associate degree in Automotive Mechanics from a local community college.
Matt is thriving as a new Account Manager at CPI, and he looks forward to the challenges that await him in the workforce solutions industry.