Product Development Engineer
Job Description & Qualifications We bring engineering ideas to life. In Product Development, we make driving more exciting, enjoyable and sustainable. Advanced driver-assistance systems (ADAS) contribute to the evolution the driving experience. Vehicle & Architecture Engineering (VAE) ADAS team works closely with global and functional partners to define, develop, and verify the customer-facing attributes and performance capabilities of ADAS features. We are seeking professionals who can contribute to our efforts with experience in the development of ADAS content. Feature sophistication continues to evolve, and prior experience with advanced verification methods will be preferred. Responsibilities: Define and document the vehicle-level acceptance criteria for ADAS feature performance. Lead / support the development of verification plans and verification methods. Collaborate with functional partners to meet system-level performance requirements. Cascade system-level requirements to functional partners. Lead / support the development and sign-off of ADAS features on vehicle programs. Support feature calibration studies to satisfy vehicle-level performance requirements. Develop MATLAB and CAN tools for data collection and analysis. Identify opportunities to utilize HIL and CAE methods for feature calibration and performance verification. Benchmark competitors and monitor public domain requirements.
- Familiarity with ADAS sensors (radar, camera, ultrasonic, lidar, etc.).
- Familiarity with actuators and control systems.
- 1+ years of experience developing / conducting vehicle tests.
- Experience with robotic verification methods.
- Experience with AEB test rigs / platforms.
- Experience with differential GPS equipment.
- Experience with Vector CAN tools.
- Experience with MATLAB / Simulink.
- Familiarity with product verification and sign-off.
- Familiarity with public domain requirements related to AEB.
- Familiarity with virtual verification methods (i.E., simulation).
- Familiarity with embedded hardware and software design.
- Modeling, analyzing, simulating ADAS sensor performance.
Bachelor' s Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace, Controls, Software, or Automotive Engineering.
Matt started with Contract Professionals, Inc. in November 2014. He began as a Technical Recruiter assigned to the automotive team. He worked hand in hand with account managers, to spearhead specific projects with CPI's clients. Driven to succeed, Matt achieved his goal(s) within the first year. He continued working on accounts and he learned the leadership process throughout his 4-year career at CPI.
When the opportunity presented itself, he was promoted to Account Manager of the automotive division. He navigates the challenges in this new role by utilizing the senior staff in the office.
Matt was awarded a Bachelor of Art in Environmental Studies at University of Michigan. Matt also received an Associate degree in Automotive Mechanics from a local community college.
Matt is thriving as a new Account Manager at CPI, and he looks forward to the challenges that await him in the workforce solutions industry.