Product Engineer Body
We are looking for a highly motivated detailed oriented engineer who likes to work hands on with parts, and likes working with a diverse team. The Interior Architecture team is a critical and growing part of the business delivering the most efficient designs to satisfy our customers. As an Interior Architecture Engineers you will work with purchasing, finance, engineering, the supply base, and other teams utilizing different processes to establish the architecture and set targets for vehicle programs. For a given interior commodity, you will work with the cross functional team researching competitive products in great detail both virtually and physically developing a deep technical understanding of Ford and competitive products. You will understand the process by which these parts are manufactured and assembled in every detail. Your work also has a strong team face to face component, as you will be working closely with those working towards to the same goal to understand efficient design. Whether you are early career, or experienced, the Interior Architecture Engineer offers a tremendous opportunity to learn at a very deep level new components and systems in a vehicles interior strengthening your understanding while building a strong cross functional network.
• Dale Carnegie or equivalent leadership training. • Motivated self-starter with ability to undertake independent research in understanding best practices and competitive trends. • Ability to understand financial documents and detailed component/assembly quotes
• At least one internship in a technical field, or prior technical experience equivalent.
• Knowledge of Asian/Chinese automotive products and strategies desirable.
• Bachelor' s degree in Engineering.
• Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering • Masters in Engineering
• Collaborate with purchasing, finance, engineering, and the supply base on the various elements of the architecture process. • Research competitive products and build part order details for future analyses. • Conduct physical part tear downs and develop Bill of Material for each competitive product. • Work cross functionally to align on architecture strategy based on extensive research.
Matt started with Contract Professionals, Inc. in November 2014. He began as a Technical Recruiter assigned to the automotive team. He worked hand in hand with account managers, to spearhead specific projects with CPI's clients. Driven to succeed, Matt achieved his goal(s) within the first year. He continued working on accounts and he learned the leadership process throughout his 4-year career at CPI.
When the opportunity presented itself, he was promoted to Account Manager of the automotive division. He navigates the challenges in this new role by utilizing the senior staff in the office.
Matt was awarded a Bachelor of Art in Environmental Studies at University of Michigan. Matt also received an Associate degree in Automotive Mechanics from a local community college.
Matt is thriving as a new Account Manager at CPI, and he looks forward to the challenges that await him in the workforce solutions industry.