Product Engineer Chassis
Design and Release Engineer position in Suspension. Responsible for entire component process from initiation to delivery including design, development, testing, industrialization, all supplier interface, and cost and weight target delivery for components. Develop robust designs capable of meeting vehicle dynamic and noise vibration and harshness (NVH) objectives. Establish system and component functional targets and specifications, working with suppliers to design, test and validate chassis systems and components, analyze and resolve issues, and apply computer aided engineering (CAE) tools to deliver optimized designs for cost, weight and function. Use of DOE, joint design, FMEA, Parameter Design, Design Verification and Production Validation engineering processes. Interface with suppliers to industrialize and launch components. Manage/control engineering documents and release designs for manufacturing globally.
- DFMEA/FMEA and quality document experience
- Ability to understand and manage complex systems
- Interest in automotive engineering
- Motivated self-starter, ability to manage/prioritize multiple assignments
- 2+ years of experience in Engineering - Knowledge of one or more of the following stampings, castings, forgings, welded components, shocks, stabilizer bars and/or other components - Experience with Finite Element Analysis - CAD CATIA training/experience - Experience with design for manufacturing
- BS Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace or Equivalent Engineering
Advanced degree desirable
Travel to suppliers and/or assembly plants may occasionally be required
Matt started with Contract Professionals, Inc. in November 2014. He began as a Technical Recruiter assigned to the automotive team. He worked hand in hand with account managers, to spearhead specific projects with CPI's clients. Driven to succeed, Matt achieved his goal(s) within the first year. He continued working on accounts and he learned the leadership process throughout his 4-year career at CPI.
When the opportunity presented itself, he was promoted to Account Manager of the automotive division. He navigates the challenges in this new role by utilizing the senior staff in the office.
Matt was awarded a Bachelor of Art in Environmental Studies at University of Michigan. Matt also received an Associate degree in Automotive Mechanics from a local community college.
Matt is thriving as a new Account Manager at CPI, and he looks forward to the challenges that await him in the workforce solutions industry.