Product Engineer Closures
Lead the product design and release of side closure sheetmetal components and subsystems for new vehicle programs. Position will require interfacing with Design Studio on surface development. Critical interfaces will include hardware, sealing, exterior ornamentation, interior trim and glass systems. Support of prototype build phases, including product launch, required.
- 6-Sigma experience is a plus - Proficiency in CATIA V5 and Teamcenter - WERS release process skills - Ability to work independently in a highly complex organizational structure
- Minimum 3 years product design and release experience with an automotive OEM or Tier 1 supplier.
- Experience interfacing with automotive studio and sheetmetal stamping feasibility engineering.
- Automotive product launch experience.
- Experience with automotive assembly and joining processes.
- Experience with closure panel and hardware FMVSS requirements and CAE.
- Knowledge of WERS release systems and design tools.
- Experience with light-weight materials.
BS in Engineering, or Equivalent Education Preferred:
- BSME or higher
- 6-Sigma Certification
Matt started with Contract Professionals, Inc. in November 2014. He began as a Technical Recruiter assigned to the automotive team. He worked hand in hand with account managers, to spearhead specific projects with CPI's clients. Driven to succeed, Matt achieved his goal(s) within the first year. He continued working on accounts and he learned the leadership process throughout his 4-year career at CPI.
When the opportunity presented itself, he was promoted to Account Manager of the automotive division. He navigates the challenges in this new role by utilizing the senior staff in the office.
Matt was awarded a Bachelor of Art in Environmental Studies at University of Michigan. Matt also received an Associate degree in Automotive Mechanics from a local community college.
Matt is thriving as a new Account Manager at CPI, and he looks forward to the challenges that await him in the workforce solutions industry.