Product Engineer Powertrain
Engine Component and Subsystem Design and Release Engineer
• Design: prototype through production release
• Build: procure components to support engine builds
• Test: analytical, bench, dynamometer, vehicle testing and teardown analysis
• Launch: PPAP, problem solving & initial launch quality
• Lead Engine Component Design Reviews
• Work closely with suppliers to manage projects
• Lead the creation of program-specific component DFMEA, drawings, engineering specifications, DVP&R, and other quality foundation documents
• Interface with Engine Systems, Engine Performance Development and Controls teams to ensure vehicle/engine program needs are met
• Support warranty analysis to meet current model quality objectives
• Lead efforts to meet current model cost savings objectives
2+ years' experience in Design & Release of Components or Sub-Systems
Engine Air induction system or intake manifold design and modelling. And/or Engine PCV and CCV system design / oil separation
Matt started with Contract Professionals, Inc. in November 2014. He began as a Technical Recruiter assigned to the automotive team. He worked hand in hand with account managers, to spearhead specific projects with CPI's clients. Driven to succeed, Matt achieved his goal(s) within the first year. He continued working on accounts and he learned the leadership process throughout his 4-year career at CPI.
When the opportunity presented itself, he was promoted to Account Manager of the automotive division. He navigates the challenges in this new role by utilizing the senior staff in the office.
Matt was awarded a Bachelor of Art in Environmental Studies at University of Michigan. Matt also received an Associate degree in Automotive Mechanics from a local community college.
Matt is thriving as a new Account Manager at CPI, and he looks forward to the challenges that await him in the workforce solutions industry.