Product Engineer Powertrain
1. Lead Design of Driveshaft Systems for: a. Size - based on powertrain loading, impact loading, wheel slip, road load data extrapolation & operating angle b. Interface - manage interface with powertrain and axle using CAD c. Attributes - manage dynamics, NVH, weight, quality and cost attributes to ensure program meets customer requirements
2. Design Driveshaft components using robustness methods and analytical tools. Verify design using bench and vehicle testing.
3. Manage program throughout checkpoint milestones through use of internal reporting systems and infrastructure
4. Manage Driveshaft supplier(s) by leading weekly engineering design reviews, launch reviews and quality reviews
5. Contribute to core knowledge by working on failure mode documents, boundary diagrams, quality history, etc.
6. Resolve open issues through Six Sigma DMAIC and 8D processes and by leading supplier and cross-functional teams
7. Interact with driveline systems team to manage interfaces, vehicle level attributes, etc.
8. Occasional travel to global supplier facilities & assembly plants to support launch, etc
Catia/ CAD experience Microsoft Excel Microsoft PowerPoint
1-2 years automotive experience (OEM/supplier)
Bachelor of Science in Engineering (preferably Mechanical)
Master of Science in Engineering
Must have good communication skills and be a strong team builder/leader with a diverse group of people. Must be a self starter with strong problem solving skills
Jennifer’s focus at Contract Professionals, Inc. is working in the defense industry to help candidates find employment with CPI’s international defense suppliers.
Jennifer works to assist military veterans, as they seek out new job opportunities, while transitioning from the military to civilian life. More specifically, Jennifer's goal is to match the military veterans she represents with civilian employment opportunities. Her aim is to provide the military veterans with jobs where they can utilize the skills and experience they've gained in the military.
Jennifer is proud to be a part of the CPI team. She says that it’s easy to stay motivated because she comes to work each day, excited to work with transitioning military personnel and veterans from across the United States.
Jennifer was awarded a Bachelor of Arts degree in Elementary Education from Baker College in Michigan.
She enjoys working out, cooking, and spending time at her cottage in the northern part of the lower peninsula of Michigan.