Rochester Hills, MI
CPI is hiring a Quality Engineer on a contract basis for our large defense industry client in Rochester Hills, MI. This assignment is a US Government Contract which requires all applicants to be US Citizens.
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third-party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Our client offers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13, 000+ top professionals, they partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, a related specialized area or field, or equivalent experience is required. All education requirements are verified. Applicants selected may be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Designs, implements, and maintains quality assurance protocols and methods for processing materials into partially finished or finished products
- Designs methods and procedures for inspecting, testing, and evaluating the precision and accuracy of production processes, production equipment and finished products
- Performs analysis of reports and production data to identify trends and recommend updates or changes to quality standards and procedures when necessary
- Reviews Documents/Drawings/Instructions for conformance to requirements
- Compares defects against standards and recommends dispositions, and verifies implementation of rework
- Collects, organizes and analyzes project data, generates and/or reviews metrics
- Performs audits, assigns corrective action, and verifies implementation
- Participates in project reviews and meetings including technical design reviews, technical peer reviews
- Verifies compliance to defined requirements
- Witnesses and or monitors test activities
- Receives detailed instructions from immediate supervisor
- Generally works within an identified work group
- Interfaces with various engineering disciplines, manufacturing, program management, and other quality personnel
- Some contact with project leaders and other professionals within the Engineering, Manufacturing and Quality departments
Works on problems of limited scope
- Works as an individual technical contributor on one project or on assigned tasks on multiple projects.
- Working knowledge of engineering (i.E., software, electrical, systems, etc) methodologies, tools, and standards
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001: 2008, CMMI, ISO 14001ASME, ANSI, EIA, etc.
- Good proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to clearly recognize and report information relevant to sound quality engineering design.
- Working knowledge of interpretation of drawings
- Good skill in reviewing documents/drawings/instructions for conformance to requirements techniques
- Good skill in reporting quality activities, findings, and issues both in writing and verbally
- Working knowledge of use of relevant inspection/measurement tools and techniques.
- Good computer skills, both desktop software and required factory or engineering tools.
Jessica Salazar joined Contract Professionals, Inc in May 2019 as a Technical Recruiter. Prior to joining CPI, Jessica worked at a healthcare staffing solutions company, hiring certified clinicians for the state of Arizona.
Aside from recruiting in the healthcare industry, she comes to CPI with prior experience in recruiting for aviation and general administration verticals.
Jessica specializes in full life cycle recruiting with an emphasis on IT, engineering and aerospace at local, regional, and government levels. She is passionate about executing comprehensive workforce solutions for her clients; facilitating contract and direct hire candidate positions.
Jessica welcomes a challenge and she is consistently excited about problem solving for her candidates/clients.
Jessica is proud to be military veteran, after serving in the United States Army. During her time in the Army, she welcomed the opportunity to specialize in human resources administration. She credits her time in the military for opening her eyes to the rewarding world of recruiting.
Jessica is a mom of two children and is currently planning her wedding.