SEC Reporting Manager
The SEC Reporting Manager position is responsible for preparation of internal and external (SEC) financial filings; the manager will also supervise the accounting consolidation of complex legal structures. In addition, the reporting manager performs the interpretation and analysis of new accounting principles and regulatory decisions to assess the company' s financial impact and implementation of accounting related changes to ensure compliance.
- Assist in the review and reporting of the business unit and consolidated financial results, including the preparation and/or review of financial report analyses (MD&A) as well as financial presentations for senior management and the Board of Directors
- You will be primarily responsible for performing complex financial analysis and operating results related to the preparation of periodic filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission ( " SEC”), primarily Forms 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K, including footnotes and Management' s Discussion and Analysis, as well as other ad hoc projects that require externally reported financial information.
- Prepare and analyze financial and operational reports including reports required by regulatory agencies, banks, investors, and other external parties
- Analyzing the results of the company' s businesses and ensuring that the results are accurately communicated to both internal and external stakeholders
- Working with corporate accounting and accounting policy teams to analyze transactions that the company enters into and determine proper accounting treatment / disclosure in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
- Working autonomously to develop solutions to complex accounting / disclosure issues and make recommendations to management.
- Collaborating with Investor Relations, Legal, Treasury and the business units to ensure consistent and accurate reporting of results and messaging to external stakeholders.
- Evaluating and analyzing the company' s disclosures in our periodic SEC filings as compared to the required disclosures as prescribed in the U.S. GAAP checklist. This requires a detailed understanding of U.S. GAAP and the ability to evaluate whether specific accounting and disclosure requirements apply to the company. The Manager then must be able to determine if we have met all disclosure requirements.
- Working independently to address and resolve questions / concerns raised by the external auditors.
- Researching technical accounting issues and evaluating the disclosure impact related to new events and activities, as well as the impact of new accounting standard updates, as needed.
- Assisting in the analysis of strategic transactions
- Review and analyze complex financial information and transactions
- Managing the company' s financial reporting process to include the preparation of 10-Qs, 10-Ks and annual proxy statements.
- Assisting management with SEC 8-K reporting requirements and compliance
- Review and monitor accounting areas such as GAAP, FASB and SEC to evaluate the impact on accounting/reporting practices for the company.
- Work with external auditors and legal teams to ensure compliance for external reporting.
- Assist with accounting and financial reporting for qtrly stock-based compensation.
- Assist and provide input to management team for financial matters and reporting that could include revenue recognition, acquisitions, complex transitions… etc.
- Involvement with implementing and maintaining accounting policies and procedures to provide reporting compliance.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of internal controls for SOX required compliance.
- Reviews of process and control documentation for various key controls.
- Other related reporting and/or financial related projects as needed.
- Bachelor' s Degree in Accounting.
- CPA highly preferred.
- 3-5 years of accounting experience – a mix of public and corporate experience preferred.
- Recent SEC reporting experience.
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written.
- Larger ERP system experience.
- Advanced computer skills that include Excel and other MS Office programs.
- Willing to improve self / area / company (including pursing additional training, if needed).
- Excellent time and project management to meet deadlines as needed.
- Strong team player and attention to detail.
Matt started with Contract Professionals, Inc. in November 2014. He began as a Technical Recruiter assigned to the automotive team. He worked hand in hand with account managers, to spearhead specific projects with CPI's clients. Driven to succeed, Matt achieved his goal(s) within the first year. He continued working on accounts and he learned the leadership process throughout his 4-year career at CPI.
When the opportunity presented itself, he was promoted to Account Manager of the automotive division. He navigates the challenges in this new role by utilizing the senior staff in the office.
Matt was awarded a Bachelor of Art in Environmental Studies at University of Michigan. Matt also received an Associate degree in Automotive Mechanics from a local community college.
Matt is thriving as a new Account Manager at CPI, and he looks forward to the challenges that await him in the workforce solutions industry.