SQL Database Administrator
Atlanta, GA US
Applicant will conduct the following for Azure SQL/Azure SQL MI/SQL on Azure VM, On Prem SQL Server, SSRS, SSIS, Azure Synapse and other related products as applicable and necessary:
- Must have hands-on experience with databases.
- Create databases with efficient structures.
- Maintain high standards of data quality and integrity.
- Understand issues related to network performance and security.
- Experience in software development using Microsoft SQL Server 2019, Azure SQL, T-SQL and T-SQL language (queries, views, procedures), SQL Server database design, stored procedure design and implementation.
- Experience coding stored procedures (using T-SQL).
- Proven analytical problem solving and debugging skills.
- Knowledge of Data Warehousing models
- Working knowledge of Azure services
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, etc.
- Experience with performance tuning, query optimization, using Performance Monitor, SQL.
- Profiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Knowledge of standard concepts, practices and procedures related to database management.
- Knowledge of capacity planning and infrastructure provisioning.
- Design and create database objects for SaaS web applications
- Analyze and tune existing queries and schema
- Provide database expertise to teams of software developers
- Perform database administration tasks for production and non-production databases as needed
- Create and update documentation on database objects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Real experience with Microsoft SQL Server in Azure Cloud Environment
- Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics.
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database problems.
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
- Experience with data migration or ETL.
- Experience with cloud platforms, especially Azure.
- Experience with cloud-based databases, especially Azure SQL.
Bachelors or Masters in relevant field.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third-party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Meet Your Recruiter
Team Leader - Defense Solutions
A seasoned recruiting and sales professional with more than 7 years of industry experience, Jason Briggs joins the Contract Professionals, Inc. (CPI) team as the Director of Business Development, Information Technology Division in Scottsdale, Arizona.
With a talent for creative problem solving and coalition building, Jason started his career at Oxford and Associates in 2013, generating $2.3 million in sales by targeting the hardware, software, IT, and science & technology industries.
Subsequently, Jason joined KT Consulting as a Federal Department of Defense (DoD) Senior Recruiter focusing on winning and staffing One Acquisition Solution for Integrated Services (OASIS-SB) Proposals and Contracts for the United States Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marines.
Relocating to Arizona in 2017, Jason is originally from Wisconsin. He graduated from the University of Wisconsin Stout with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business with a focus in Risk Management.
Jason attended St. John's Northwestern Military Academy in Wisconsin where he was exposed to JROTC leadership education training and military sciences. He has served on alumni executive board for the University of Wisconsin Stout's National social philanthropy fraternity, Phi Sigma Phi. Jason also continues to provide support for local dog rescue organizations in the Phoenix area by donating time and participating in local adoption events.