SRE CMDB Admin (ServiceNow and Grafana) US Citizens
Scottsdale, AZ US
The SRE Configuration Management Database (CMDB) Administrator is responsible for the overall health and accuracy of the CMDB through technical solutions, and processes. They will be responsible for integrations, discovery, and Service Mapping. Using ServiceNow and Grafana, this role will also configure health dashboards and reports.
Candidate will be involved in every phase of an application throughout its lifecycle, consulting and collaborating with business leaders, end users, IT staff, vendors and other third parties. Your tasks will include job automation, running batch jobs, running SQL scripts, reviewing logs, system and application monitoring, maintenance, patch management, software upgrades, file transfers, backups, incident/problem troubleshooting and support.
Incumbent will also ensure that the application layer is optimally configured for seamless integration and operability with OS, database, middleware, network, web services and other interrelated technological components. You will be relied upon to monitor and enforce compliance of regulatory requirements like Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and corporate information security policies which includes ensuring appropriate documentation for system configuration, change control, access control and system logs.
NOTE: This position can be supported remotely via telecommute.
As a CMDB Manager, you will:
- Administer all technical aspects of the CMDB including process design
- Ensure Asset-specific information is gathered and disseminated efficiently
- Create CMDB health and asset dashboards
- Maintain CIs to ensure CMDB accuracy and completeness
- Assist in developing CMDB policy, processes, and knowledge base
- Improve CI data integrity regarding classes, naming conventions, attributes, data sources, and relationships
- Support and administer the tool for configuration and asset management, ServiceNow Discovery, and additional applications or modules as assigned
- Work closely with teams to ensure that necessary data is being collected
What you bring to the table:
- Excellent experience supporting critical application software (local, network installed and SaaS) to include medium to complex troubleshooting, research, ability to read and comprehend technical manuals, and maintain procedural documentation
- Solid knowledge on server architecture and understanding of virtualization technologies, storage systems, enterprise security practices, and replication technologies
- Solid understanding of the Internet and its key configuration components (e.G. DNS, http, IP addressing, Subnetting), and different methods of file transfer (e.G., FTP, SFTP, FTPS, NDM)
- Solid understanding of solutions development methodologies (e.G. DevOps, Agile, Software Development Lifecycle, etc.)
What sets you apart:
- Team player who thrives in collaborative environments and revels in team success
- Experience as a developer, systems integrator, systems engineer, solutions architect, or similar, strongly preferred
- Solid knowledge of SQL scripts and other scripting languages, and experience with batch automation and automation tools
Candidates should have demonstrated strengths and experience in the following areas:
- Expert knowledge of IT Configuration and Asset Management processes
- Expert knowledge of ServiceNow CMDB
- Understanding of ServiceNow Discovery and Service Mapping tools
- Familiar with the processes that consume CMDB data (e.G., Incident, Problem, SDLC, Asset, and Change)
- Excellent analytical, and problem-solving skills on maintaining CMDB data integrity.
- Able to generate reports for KPIs
- Experience working in an Agile environment including Scrum, SAFe, RTE
Other beneficial experience:
- Cloud: Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Platform as a Service (PaaS) technologies such as Kubernetes, AKS
- Excellent relationship-building, collaboration, customer service, organizational, and communication skills to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Able to work quickly and effectively under pressure and to efficiently handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Be passionate about technology and consistently expanding your skills
- Capacity to understand complex architecture and applications
- Be able to conceptualize and provide visualizations related to ServiceNow and CMDB
- Proficiency in requirements gathering, Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrate initiative on assignments, exercise independent judgment, critical thinking, and ability to execute projects with minimal supervision
Bachelor' s degree in Information Technology, Systems Administration, and/or related field or equivalent experience, plus 5 years of related experience OR Master' s degree plus 3 years of related experience.
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIREMENT:
This assignment is a US Government Contract which requires all applicants to be US Citizens.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third-party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Meet Your Recruiter
Director of Business Development, Information Technology Division
A seasoned recruiting and sales professional with more than 7 years of industry experience, Jason Briggs joins the Contract Professionals, Inc. (CPI) team as the Director of Business Development, Information Technology Division in Scottsdale, Arizona.
With a talent for creative problem solving and coalition building, Jason started his career at Oxford and Associates in 2013, generating $2.3 million in sales by targeting the hardware, software, IT, and science & technology industries.
Subsequently, Jason joined KT Consulting as a Federal Department of Defense (DoD) Senior Recruiter focusing on winning and staffing One Acquisition Solution for Integrated Services (OASIS-SB) Proposals and Contracts for the United States Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marines.
Relocating to Arizona in 2017, Jason is originally from Wisconsin. He graduated from the University of Wisconsin Stout with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business with a focus in Risk Management.
Jason attended St. John's Northwestern Military Academy in Wisconsin where he was exposed to JROTC leadership education training and military sciences. He has served on alumni executive board for the University of Wisconsin Stout's National social philanthropy fraternity, Phi Sigma Phi. Jason also continues to provide support for local dog rescue organizations in the Phoenix area by donating time and participating in local adoption events.