Satellite Systems Engineer Technical Lead
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third-party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Our client offers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13, 000+ top professionals, they partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas.
Bachelor' s degree in systems engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master' s degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience. Education requirements will be verified.
- Demonstrated understanding of space systems, basic orbital mechanics.
- Demonstrated experience with space mission management and planning activities
- Familiarity with satellite mission ground systems including development and functional operation.
The Satellite System Engineer – Technical Lead will be part of a small team that supports a larger program. This small team operates through a keen understanding of mission purpose and system capability monitors. The team analyzes, and alters various overhead sensing platforms as well as associated ground systems and networks. The selected applicant will analyze system data for anomalous behavior and work to correct such behaviors as well as troubleshoot connectivity issues to maintain data flow. As system capabilities are added or enhanced the selected engineer will assist the team to understand how best to take advantage of these additional abilities by performing trade studies and relevant analysis. The selected engineer will also provide technical leadership and assist in the development of future programs by creating day-in-the-life simulations and contributing to overall mission CONOPs. The selected engineer will work directly with the customer on a daily basis and identify new technical tasks that the team will support.
This position is within the customer work environment and requires excellent attention to detail and the ability to act with technical precision and speed.
- Preference given to candidates with familiarity with using STK to perform simulations and trade studies
- Proficient use and understanding of systems engineering concepts, principles, and theories
- Proficient written and verbal communications skills
- Proficient ability to grasp and apply new information quickly and effectively handle complex assignments
- Shows initiative on assignments, exercises independent judgment and professionally executes projects with little direction
- Proficient ability in communicating issues, impacts, and corrective actions
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to interface on a daily basis with the program manager and customer, and to lead junior staff to meet program requirements and schedule
Director of IT Business Development
With a reputation for delivering creative and cost-effective programming within the workforce solutions industry, Brad is a results oriented, seasoned business development professional with Contract Professionals, Inc. He effectively leads the company’s IT Division, to deliver sophisticated IT talent to a diverse and growing client base.
Brad comes with 19 years of industry experience, working with some of the largest and most well respected international companies in the world. He possesses management oversight experience from a local to a national level; executing creative and complex workforce solutions to Fortune 15 - Fortune 5000 companies.
Brad enjoys connecting deserving job seekers to their desired professions.He’s successfully delivered 1000's of skilled candidates to hiring managers in the financial services, telecom, health care, education and aerospace/defense industries.
Brad is also an expert at client relationship development and management. He is known, industry wide for his ability and willingness to place a high value on client satisfaction. He does this by conducting regular audits of the workforce solutions he delivers to his clients. If there is a better or most cost effective way to do it, he’ll find it and deliver.
Brad is a true problem solver and long-term relationship builder, with a keen eye for talented human resources.
Brad grew up in a Phoenix suburb. When he is not working, he enjoys trying new sports & activities with his large family.