Required Skills and Experience:
- Strong knowledge of Scrum theory, rules and practices with at least three 3 years of experience as a Scrum Master for a Software Development Team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices and theory.
- At least five (5) years of experience working on large software development projects.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Agile Frameworks and core concepts, including Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.
- Knowledge about methodologies and tools other than Agile-Scrum to be able to explain these methodologies, compare them and to motivate the team to work within the agreed-to Agile process.
- Hands-on experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, BDD, ATDD/TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Continuous Deployment, Specifications by Example, Team/Pair Programming, Automated Testing, DevOps and Agile Games.
- Ability to explain the meaning of servant leadership and to deploy servant leadership skills on a daily basis.
- Strong facilitation skills.
- Ability to encourage team to apply continual improvement.
- Ability to encourage the team to always develop the highest quality and highest value product for all internal and external customers.
- Understanding of and being able to relay the value of empirical model, metrics and incremental delivery.
- Experience with tasks, user stories, backlog tracking, burndown and burnup metrics/charts, team velocity, MVP and MMP, Agile estimation techniques, etc.
Core responsibilities for this position will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Acting as a Scrum Master for two (2) concurrent core teams and initiatives, more specifically:
- one team that focuses on new product development.
- one team that focuses on ongoing production support issues .
- Facilitating product visioning and Kaizen work sessions and coaching the team on developing an overall product vision and product roadmap.
- Working with Executive Team, Project/Program Managers, Product Owner, Scrum Team and any other Stakeholders to develop a Product and Release Road Map and to define project team setup.
- Guiding team through " Sprint 0” and defining team working agreements for any newly formed teams / initiatives.
- Assisting with defining and fine-tuning Definition of Done and Definition of Ready.
- Maintaining product and release roadmap throughout the respective team initiatives
- Working side-by-side with the Agile coach, Product Owners and Executive Team on guiding the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and ensuring that the team adheres to the scrum framework and process developed.
- Assessing the scrum maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity and self-organization, at a pace that is sustainable and practical for the team and organization
- Actively looking for and removing impediments by identifying and involving the appropriate staff members to remove and resolve the impediment as well as continuously encouraging the team to remove impediments without need of scrum master involvement when practical.
Director of Business Development - Information Technology
With a reputation for delivering creative and cost-effective programming within the workforce solutions industry, Brad is a results oriented, seasoned business development professional with Contract Professionals, Inc. He effectively leads the company’s IT Division, to deliver sophisticated IT talent to a diverse and growing client base.
Brad comes with 19 years of industry experience, working with some of the largest and most well respected international companies in the world. He possesses management oversight experience from a local to a national level; executing creative and complex workforce solutions to Fortune 15 - Fortune 5000 companies.
Brad enjoys connecting deserving job seekers to their desired professions.He’s successfully delivered 1000's of skilled candidates to hiring managers in the financial services, telecom, health care, education and aerospace/defense industries.
Brad is also an expert at client relationship development and management. He is known, industry wide for his ability and willingness to place a high value on client satisfaction. He does this by conducting regular audits of the workforce solutions he delivers to his clients. If there is a better or most cost effective way to do it, he’ll find it and deliver.
Brad is a true problem solver and long-term relationship builder, with a keen eye for talented human resources.
Brad grew up in a Phoenix suburb. When he is not working, he enjoys trying new sports & activities with his large family.