Senior Advanced IT Network Specialist
Scottsdale, AZ US
- Expert level of support with Panorama as the primary implementation and configuration platform.
- Help manage and maintain the code levels and revisions as Palo Alto content updates.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on Palo Alto firewall security with expertise in at least one of the leading cloud platforms: AWS or Microsoft Azure.
- Write work instructions on best practices for firewall operations including implementation, configuration, and troubleshooting.
- Utilize automation components such as Python, Ansible, PAN-OS, API scripting, etc.
- Be familiar with Syslog server technologies as a troubleshooting tool such as Splunk.
- Support proof of concept and production deployments of cloud technologies including various integrations of third-party solutions.
- Help manage and support an existing rollout of Aruba next-gen technologies
- Develop on-premises and cloud platform-specific security policies, standards, and procedures for management group and account/subscription management and configuration (e.G. Azure Policy, Azure Security Center, AWS Config), access control, firewall management, auditing and monitoring, security incident and event management, user and administrator account management, access controls and password management.
- Perform on-premises and cloud orchestration and automation (Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)) in single and multi-tenant environments using tools like Terraform, Ansible for PAN-OS, etc.
- Provide technical support for on-premises and cloud-native network security services and resolve service-related issues through research, troubleshooting, and working with the greater team as well as third party service providers.
- Support and enable junior team members across both technical and management leadership capacities.
- Experience configuring Palo Alto Firewalls. Experience in network implementation on any combination of AWS and or Azure platforms.
- 2+ years of hands-on technical experience with AWS or Azure cloud platform in security or infrastructure implementation and operations.
- 2+ years of hands-on technical experience with infrastructure systems in networking using at least one of the following: Cisco, Aruba, Nexus, Juniper, Palo Alto.
What you bring to the table:
- Knowledge and experience in a single network domain and fully understanding process applications within domain of expertise
- Expert knowledge of a second network domain and the interconnections within the enterprise
What sets you apart:
- Creative thinking with the ability to multi-task
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Team player who thrives in collaborative environments and revels in team success
Bachelor' s degree in computer science or related field; or equivalent is required plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience OR Master' s degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience.
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIREMENT:
This assignment is a US Government Contract which requires all applicants to be US Citizens.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third-party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Meet Your Recruiter
Team Leader - Defense Solutions
A seasoned recruiting and sales professional with more than 7 years of industry experience, Jason Briggs joins the Contract Professionals, Inc. (CPI) team as the Director of Business Development, Information Technology Division in Scottsdale, Arizona.
With a talent for creative problem solving and coalition building, Jason started his career at Oxford and Associates in 2013, generating $2.3 million in sales by targeting the hardware, software, IT, and science & technology industries.
Subsequently, Jason joined KT Consulting as a Federal Department of Defense (DoD) Senior Recruiter focusing on winning and staffing One Acquisition Solution for Integrated Services (OASIS-SB) Proposals and Contracts for the United States Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marines.
Relocating to Arizona in 2017, Jason is originally from Wisconsin. He graduated from the University of Wisconsin Stout with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business with a focus in Risk Management.
Jason attended St. John's Northwestern Military Academy in Wisconsin where he was exposed to JROTC leadership education training and military sciences. He has served on alumni executive board for the University of Wisconsin Stout's National social philanthropy fraternity, Phi Sigma Phi. Jason also continues to provide support for local dog rescue organizations in the Phoenix area by donating time and participating in local adoption events.