Senior Advanced Systems Engineer - SDA O&I/GM
Scottsdale, AZ US
U.S Citizens (Department of Defense Requirement)
*Make the world's most advanced SDA O&I/GMI platform/capability even smarter*
As a systems engineer for SDA O&I/GMI program, you'll be a member of a cross functional team responsible for developing and deploying the state of the art ground operational system.
We encourage you to apply if you have any of these preferred skills or experiences:
- Satellite communications knowledge
- Ground to Satellite communication knowledge
- Ground operations experience
What sets you apart:
- Creative thinker with demonstrated success leading the systems development life cycle
- Collaborative team player eager to provide technical leadership and position others for success
- Thorough knowledge of technology trends and willingness to champion new ideas and process improvements
- Strong presentation and communications skills with experience in the art of negotiation and the ability to meet challenging customer requirements with win-win solutions
- Commitment to ongoing professional development for yourself and others
This position is Hybrid/Flex as desired
While on-site, you will be a part of the Scottsdale based SDT O&I/GMI team
Additional REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Performs requirements analysis, requirements definition, requirements management, functional analysis, performance analysis, system design, detail trade studies, systems integration and test (verification), validation and interface definition studies of subsystem or system elements under supervision of the lead systems engineer
- Performs technical planning, cost and risk analyses, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for subsystems and system elements
- Performs customer requirements analysis, develops system requirements and defines allocations to lower levels (elements and components)
- Performs detailed technical analyses for a subsystem or system elements
- Develops and evaluates systems, networks and information systems to ensure designs meet applicable governmental security specifications
- May provide system accreditation/certification evaluation and test support to ensure all technical security features (e.G., identification, authentication, access control, labeling, and auditing) of the system are considered and function properly
- May develop system security documentation on both new and fielded information systems
- Participates in Modeling and Simulation
- Researches and analyzes data, such as vendor products, COTS components, GFE/CFE, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application
- Supports the generation of technical engineering products by using the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the system development life cycle
- May provide leadership and/or direction to lower level employees
- Independently determines proposed approach to solutions
- Contributes to the completion of major programs and projects
- Plans and executes project tasks for activities described above
- Creative, innovative responsibilities requiring advanced decision-making skills
- Defines processes for technical platforms, system specifications, input/output and working parameters for hardware and/or software compatibility
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Designs a complete and complex framework, system or product
- Identifies, analyzes and resolves system design weaknesses
- Regular contact with senior levels of internal working groups
- Contact with Deputy Program Managers Engineering (DPME) and other professionals within the Engineering department and with project teams across the company
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Coordinating external interfaces and ICDs
- Multi-level security domain expertise (and cross-domain)
- Quickly (with a more agile light-weight approach) decomposing requirements to a level that can avoid requirements bloat (and communicate/track impacts)
- People that may have a working relationship with related people from Iridium, SDA, Northrup, York, and Lockheed
- System-level networking person that can face off with the GFE WAN provider and coordinate detailed network design
- Someone that can understand what is in scope and what is out of scope and manage that complexity
- People with agile program experience
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Systems Engineering, or a related Science, Engineering or Mathematics field. Also requires 8+ years of job-related experience, or a Master's degree plus 6 years of job-related experience. Agile experience preferred.
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIREMENT:
Department of Defense Secret security clearance is preferred at time of hire. Applicants selected may be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. Citizenship is required.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Meet Your Recruiter
Crisi Mintz joined the Contract Professionals, Inc. team as a Technical Recruiter in January 2023, in order to support efforts to bring the Arizona recruitment team to scale.
A Zillow 5-Star Premier Agent, Crisi has been a licensed realtor for more than 15 years. During her career in real estate, her fiduciary responsibilities included residential, commercial, and investor clients for complex real estate transitions. She also facilitated timely closings, conducted complex negotiations, developed and executed marketing strategies, and managed budgets. Throughout her career, Crisi developed a reputation as an expert salesperson and master problem solver.
This is not Crisi’s first time at Contract Professionals, Inc. Crisi first joined the Contract Professionals, Inc. team in 1993. She was recruited by the management team to sit on the “Operations Action Team” in pursuit of ISO-9000.
Crisi holds BA in Business Administration from Oakland University in Rochester, Michigan.