Senior Cyber Engineer
Sterling Heights, MI US
The following are the key duties and skills required:
- Exercise authority and responsibility for Cyber and tasks to help integrate cross-functional technical scope within schedule and other constraints.
- Help project team to ensure a balanced, integrated, and compliant Cyber design across the vehicle system.
- Manage/support the identification, development and implementation of platform cyber-physical design best practices, tools and education across the entire engineering enterprise. This will be done with a cross functional team of engineering and program disciplines and form the basis for developing a cyber security culture within the engineering organization.
- Develop and manage System requirements and interface allocations including Performance and Space, weight and Power-Cooling, Reliability and Maintenance SWaP-CRaM), and enforce across the design team; develop system specification requirements compliance documentation
- Manage and coordinate requirements, architectures and system designs and any changes, conditions, inputs and final resolution for requirements, trades and alternatives
- Manage, develop, support and conduct trade studies/structured decisions for system and subsystem design including system-level impacts to include balance of space, weight, power, cost, reliability and performance across a Cyber vehicle suite
- Oversee/support development of verification plans and manage their execution including test and production and field site shakedown and verification
- Participate in and lead design and integration troubleshooting/Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA) and problem report/test incident resolution for production, development, test, or modification projects
- Develop and evaluate checkpoint and design milestone artifacts and Contract Data Requirements List (CDRLs) and review to ensure technical accuracy and compliance with contract requirements
- Coordinate with platform Design Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) where interface is required, such as in threat analysis, interface development and requirements decomposition and compliance
- Evaluate new Cyber and C5ISR technologies for potential use on Client' s products
- Manage and participate in peer reviews
Candidates will be considered on the aggregate of the position requirements. It is not required that candidates possess experience in all categories.
- Minimum of 10+ years' experience
- Experience leading engineering and/or military projects
- Experience leading teams in technical development projects
- Experience in military vehicle development and integration
- Experience in interpreting higher level customer requirements and flowing them down to technology areas
- Experience in developing and managing system level cyber requirements
- Familiarity with various electrical line replaceable units and the development and troubleshooting of electronic hardware
- Experience with cyber warfare, offensive and/or defensive
- Experience with embedded systems, automotive and military related
- Experience with software and computer science principles
- Familiarity with cyber physical system security requirements
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project)
- Currently possess or has the ability to obtain a Secret clearance
- Ability to travel (mostly domestic, some international) up to 15%
- Must satisfy Anthropometric Size Restrictions for access to military vehicles and be able to climb on vehicles and pass through hatches
Bachelor of Science in Engineering, related science or equivalent (Relevant cyber technical certificates and management credentials will be considered)
Applicant must be able to obtain a Secret Security Clearance within reasonable time of hire. Preference is that candidate already have the clearance prior to hire. This assignment is a US Government Contract which requires all applicants to be US Citizens.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third-party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Meet Your Recruiter
Team Leader - Defense Solutions
With over 14 years of recruiting experience, Greg specializes in recruiting military veterans for Contract Professionals, Inc.'s defense clients nationwide (CONUS)and overseas (OCONUS). Part of his job is to also mentor new CPI recruiters and assist them in meeting their career objectives.
Greg takes great pride in his ability to support our military veterans, as they navigate the transition process. This includes providing transitioning military personnel with job information and vital career guidance, after they are discharged from the military. Greg regularly works to support transitioning military personnel and veterans by matching their skills to a rewarding career within their area of expertise.
Greg holds a Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration from Western Michigan University.
He enjoys golf, cooking, travel, music and most sports! Go Broncos!