Senior Designer Interior / Exterior
Allen Park, MI
The ideal candidate for this position would be a Senior Designer that can effectively create/develop CAD solutions for both Interior and Exterior components with a thorough knowledge of TCe, including Workflow Release and ability to navigate the program digital buck Structure.
- Design & Release of vehicle sub-systems and components from initial concept through production release
- Innovative Designer with ability to propose viable well thought out technical solutions to complex problems
- Maintain close contacts (through WebEx, emails and phone) with assigned customer base to capture design and development
- Knowledgable in the use of TCe, release and population of design intent data
- Minimum 10 years experience in body component design and packaging (Interior/Exterior)
- Minimum 10 years experience with Catia V5, TCE, Parametric Modeling and Mechanisms tools
- Experience with plastic component design - 3D modeling of plastic components
- Must have prior experience in BIW and or interiors/interior trim
- Experience with sheet metal design, provides designs for the fabrication process including sheet metal, extrusions and injection molding.
- Candidate should possess knowledge and skills in the commodity and be able to resolve and develop feasible solutions using previous experience
- Candidate must be a self-starter, motivated and works with minimal guidance
- Proven track record of development of innovative solutions, problem solving, proactive skills,
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, Lead design reviews with various stakeholders to communicate status, issues and next steps
- Sketcher Module
- Part Design Module
- Assembly Design Module
- Surface Design
- Generative Shape Design
- Ford Catia V5 NA Methods and processes
- Create or modify designs using (Knowledge Based Engineering)
- Proficiency in CATIA/TCE/Digital Buck working knowledge
- Locate, view and report product data
- View, build and edit product structure
- Verify the change configuration at a minimum
- Working knowledge of GD&T and descriptive geometry
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Office suite of products
Matt started with Contract Professionals, Inc. in November 2014. He began as a Technical Recruiter assigned to the automotive team. He worked hand in hand with account managers, to spearhead specific projects with CPI's clients. Driven to succeed, Matt achieved his goal(s) within the first year. He continued working on accounts and he learned the leadership process throughout his 4-year career at CPI.
When the opportunity presented itself, he was promoted to Account Manager of the automotive division. He navigates the challenges in this new role by utilizing the senior staff in the office.
Matt was awarded a Bachelor of Art in Environmental Studies at University of Michigan. Matt also received an Associate degree in Automotive Mechanics from a local community college.
Matt is thriving as a new Account Manager at CPI, and he looks forward to the challenges that await him in the workforce solutions industry.