Senior Electrical Engineer (Telematics)
This assignment is a US Government Contract which requires all applicants to be US Citizens.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Perform engineering work of various types in the electrical design or re-design, and development of electrical systems into existing and new, medium and heavy-duty defense trucks. Exercise independent judgment and action. Will require working closely with suppliers, engineering specialists, and other departments. This person will provide resource estimates for project planning as well.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Responsible for integration of electrical components and circuitry into vehicle designs
2. Work with SAE, Federal, and Military Standards for design compliance
3. Plan and direct engineering in a major project through all phases of innovation and development
4. Establishes priorities for work delegated to others
5. Work closely with other engineering groups
6. Assist in feasibility studies and project estimates on proposed projects
7. Support proposal development
8. Directs preparation of layouts, drawings, specification, and bills of material
9. Select parts and/or design components for cost and quality-conscious design to meet service applications
10. Consult with suppliers, customers, & members of Engineering, Purchasing, Manufacturing, Assembly, Service, and Testing, Quality Control, and Marketing departments
11. Follow project on the assembly floor through initial build and render assistance necessary to support manufacturing and industrial engineering efforts
12. Utilize various state-of-the-art engineering tools, i.E. Personal computer and CAD equipment
13. Possess a strong electrical knowledge of vehicles, electrical theory, electrical component and related systems
Bachelor' s degree in Electrical Engineering
3-plus years of experience working with truck/mobile equipment
Relevant design experience with vehicle electrical systems
Working knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic systems
Strong oral and written communication skills
Experience with automotive or heavy-duty equipment
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Director of Business Development
John is currently the Director of Business Development for Contract Professionals, Inc. He currently manages the Green Bay, Wisconsin office and works with clients in Wisconsin, as well as several clients located throughout the United States.
John started his career in talent acquisition in 1998 in Boston, Massachusetts. For the past 20 years, John has worked with clients throughout the U.S. providing contingent and permanent staffing solutions in the areas of engineering, information technology and government/defense related positions.
John works directly with hiring managers and corporate recruiters to understand their staffing goals and future needs, in order to support their hiring initiatives.
In his free time, John enjoys golfing and spending time with his family and their dog “Inky."