Senior Mechanical Systems Engineer
Sterling Heights, MI
- Familiar with braking systems (service and parking) and steering used on tracked or military vehicles is a plus
- Ability to work on complex mechanisms such as articulating driver controls, articulating/multi plane displays ( shock isolation mounts/ hard mounted)
- Ability to design articulating, locking or sliding provisions to current Human Factors requirements
-Ability to conduct own FEA (ANSA, Nastran and/or LS-DYNA solvers) is a plus
- Familiar with design standards and common design engineering practices used in military vehicles especially tracked
- Ability to function within an integrated product team environment
- Ability to plan engineering projects, provide technical direction, perform preliminary design and analysis, and support the formulation and documentation of subsystem and component requirements
- Additional responsibilities includes, possible shop prototype trial fit activities, overview of verification test activities and overview of engineering documentation (drawings, specifications)
-Able to read technical drawings and perform tolerance stacks.
-Working knowledge of GD& T
- Have CAD software experience (concepting) in CREO
- Able to support procurement efforts and possible on-site prototype build/integration activities and resolve issues
B.S. In Mechanical Engineering (minimum)
- Self starter, highly motivated
- Perform preliminary design and analysis
- Work in an Integrated Product Team environment and be able to communicate across functional organizations
- Trouble shooting vehicle subsystems/designs
- Performing failure analysis & be able to provide technical direction for corrective action solutions
- Write technical reports & modification instructions
- Pro Engineering (Pro E) in CREO
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications is required
- Must be able to work in office, shop, test lab and test site environments
-Must be able to work overtime if required
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIREMENT:
This assignment is a US Government Contract which requires all applicants to be US Citizens.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Senior Technical Recruiter
With over 14 years of recruiting experience, Greg specializes in recruiting military veterans for Contract Professionals, Inc.'s defense clients nationwide (CONUS)and overseas (OCONUS). Part of his job is to also mentor new CPI recruiters and assist them in meeting their career objectives.
Greg takes great pride in his ability to support our military veterans, as they navigate the transition process. This includes providing transitioning military personnel with job information and vital career guidance, after they are discharged from the military. Greg regularly works to support transitioning military personnel and veterans by matching their skills to a rewarding career within their area of expertise.
Greg holds a Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration from Western Michigan University.
He enjoys golf, cooking, travel, music and most sports! Go Broncos!