Senior Principal Engineer --- Modeling & Simulation - FEA
This assignment is a US Government Contract which requires all applicants to be US Citizens.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
1. Provide guidance to engineers to ensure the appropriate engineering analysis is performed throughout the design/development process
2. Prepare technical reports summarizing activities and recommendations
3. Manage multiple projects while maintaining schedules
4. Participate actively in the problem solving process
5. Learn additional PC and workstation software to support the engineering analysis function
6. Assist in the design or modification of structural components
7. Work with engineers/designers to gather data and define requirements for analysis
8. Assist with process improvements to enhance analysis techniques within the department.
- Bachelor' s degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar (i.E. Engineering Mechanics or Aerospace Engineering)
- Experience using finite element analysis software to solve linear static, modal, and non-linear contact and/or material property problems
- Experience performing structural optimization
- Experience using scripting to automate pre-processing, analysis, and post-processing (Python, tcl/tk, C++ etc.)
- Experience using finite element analysis software to perform dynamic simulations
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Good background in mechanics of materials
- Good background in Structural Design
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- 8-plus years related experience
- Experience using ANSA or HyperMesh
- Experience using Abaqus, LS-DYNA, or NASTRAN
- Experience using measured test data to validate finite element analysis results
- Experience with fatigue analysis (nCode, FE-Safe, MSC.Fatigue, FEMFAT, etc.)
- Experience with automotive or heavy-duty equipment
Director of Business Development
John is currently the Director of Business Development for Contract Professionals, Inc. He currently manages the Green Bay, Wisconsin office and works with clients in Wisconsin, as well as several clients located throughout the United States.
John started his career in talent acquisition in 1998 in Boston, Massachusetts. For the past 20 years, John has worked with clients throughout the U.S. providing contingent and permanent staffing solutions in the areas of engineering, information technology and government/defense related positions.
John works directly with hiring managers and corporate recruiters to understand their staffing goals and future needs, in order to support their hiring initiatives.
In his free time, John enjoys golfing and spending time with his family and their dog “Inky."