Senior Principal Software Engineer - SDA O&I/GMI
Scottsdale, AZ US
SENIOR PRINCIPAL SOFTWARE ENGINEER
for Space and Intelligence Systems
ROLE AND POSITION OBJECTIVES:
As a software engineer for SDA O&I/GMI, you'll be a member of a cross functional team responsible for performing software requirements analysis, lead research and design, and develop and test software and tools. From inventing new products or enhancing existing applications, your talent and leadership abilities will be front and center.
We encourage you to apply if you have any of these preferred skills or experiences:
- Satellite communications knowledge
- Ground to Satellite communication knowledge
- Ground operations experience
What sets you apart:
- Creative thinker with demonstrated success leading the software development life cycle
- Collaborative team player eager to provide technical leadership and position others for success
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, with notable record of securing buy-in on concepts and ideas
- Experienced in the art of negotiation with ability to meet challenging customer requirements with win-win solutions
- Commitment to ongoing professional development for yourself and others
This position is Hybrid/Flex as desired.
While on-site, you will be a part of the Scottsdale location business supporting SIS.
Additional Key Skillsets:
- Java, C++, Node.JS, Cesium.JS, Python, Perl languages
- Application development/deployment/resource access via Docker, Kubernetes, Helm/Ansible/Terraform, Nexus, Rancher/Longhorn, Jenkins, GitLab, Istio, StackRox
- AWS Storage Services: S3, Glacier, Boto3, ETL frameworks, and other AWS APIs for Data Lake development
- CI/CD pipeline development
- Familiar with Agile philosophies and processes
- Kafka messaging setup, configuration, and implementation for
- XML message schema definition
- message validation according to XML schema
- message processing and forwarding
- Setup and configuration of AWS storage services for use as a Data Lake
- time frame of when data objects move from S3 to Glacier storage
- time frame of when data objects are purged from Glacier storage
- Upon access data objects move back to S3 storage
- If data object is tagged/labeled golden, the data object shouldn't be purged from storage
- processing of data object tagging/labeling to update data object's data retention policy
- setup and configuration of AWS S3 and Glacier storage
- develop migration from local on-premise storage to S3 storage
- migration from S3 to Glacier long term storage
- development of data retention policy
- possibly selective data mirroring from one S3 bucket to another S3 bucket to facilitate 2 separated envs to have access to data
- Node.JS and Boto3 for Web GUI to
- browse Data Lake storage
- apply tags/labels to data objects
- download data objects
- Node.JS and Cesium.JS for Web GUI to:
- render 3D map of Earth
- render/highlight system coverage areas on 3D Earth
- Familiarity with Data Lake Analysis and Data Analysis/Visualization tools:
- Office Suite (spreadsheets, slides, document editor)
- Jupyter Notebook/JupyterLab
- ETL tools (AWS Athena, AWS Kinesis Data Streams)
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, or a related Science, Engineering or Mathematics field. Also requires 10+ years of job-related experience, or a Master's degree plus 8 years of job-related experience. Agile experience preferred.
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIREMENT:
Department of Defense Secret security clearance is preferred at time of hire. Applicants selected may be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. Citizenship is required.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Meet Your Recruiter
Terry Walton was brought into Contract Professionals, Inc. to act as highly specialized and experienced technical recruiter, with a focus on engineering and informational technology. Known industry wide for his ability to cultivate and recruit best in class candidates, Terry was named the number one recruiter (out of 45 recruiters) with his previous employer, for more than six consecutive years. He was also a member of the Chairman’s Club from 2017-2019.
Passionate about mentoring others, Terry also has extensive experience training new recruiters to navigate the entire recruitment life cycle; providing novice recruiters with the education, skills, and tools necessary to become successful staffing specialists.
Terry was conferred a Bachelor of Applied Science (BASc), Business Administration and Management from Robert Morris University in 2003.
Terry is happily married to Jennifer Walton. Together they have three boys: Houston 13, Phoenix 9, and Kingston 6. All their children play school and travel basketball, baseball, and football. A sports enthusiast himself, Terry coaches AAU All-Star Basketball. He is also the Head Coach of Grade School Tackle Football for Butler, PA.