Senior Principal Systems Engineer - SDA O&I/GMI
Scottsdale, AZ US
Systems Engineer-Space Development Agency (SDA O&I/GMI)
You will be a member of a cross functional team responsible for developing and deploying the state-of-the-art ground operational system.
We encourage you to apply if you have any of these preferred skills or experiences:
- Satellite communications knowledge
- Ground to Satellite communication knowledge
- Ground operations experience
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Performs requirements analysis, requirements definition, requirements management, functional analysis, performance analysis, system design, detail trade studies, systems integration and test (verification), validation and interface definition studies of subsystem or system elements under supervision of the lead systems engineer
- Performs technical planning, cost and risk analyses, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for subsystems and system elements
- Performs customer requirements analysis, develops system requirements and defines allocations to lower levels (elements and components)
- Performs detailed technical analyses for a subsystem or system elements
- Develops and evaluates systems, networks and information systems to ensure designs meet applicable governmental security specifications
- May provide system accreditation/certification evaluation and test support to ensure all technical security features (e.G., identification, authentication, access control, labeling, and auditing) of the system are considered and function properly
- May develop system security documentation on both new and fielded information systems
- Participates in Modeling and Simulation
- Researches and analyzes data, such as vendor products, COTS components, GFE/CFE, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application
- Supports the generation of technical engineering products by using the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the system development life cycle
- May provide leadership and/or direction to lower level employees
- Independently determines proposed approach to solutions
- Contributes to the completion of major programs and projects
- Plans and executes project tasks for activities described above
- Creative, innovative responsibilities requiring advanced decision-making skills
- Defines processes for technical platforms, system specifications, input/output and working parameters for hardware and/or software compatibility
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Designs a complete and complex framework, system or product
- Identifies, analyzes and resolves system design weaknesses
- Regular contact with senior levels of internal working groups
- Contact with Deputy Program Managers Engineering (DPME) and other professionals within the Engineering department and with project teams across the company
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Coordinating external interfaces and ICDs
- Multi-level security domain expertise (and cross-domain)
- Quickly (with a more agile light-weight approach) decomposing requirements to a level that can avoid requirements bloat (and communicate/track impacts)
- People that may have a working relationship with related people from Iridium, SDA, Northrup, York, and Lockheed
- System-level networking person that can face off with the GFE WAN provider and coordinate detailed network design
- Someone that can understand what is in scope and what is out of scope and manage that complexity
- People with agile program experience
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIREMENT:
Department of Defense Top Secret security clearance is preferred at time of hire. Applicants selected may be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. Citizenship is required.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Meet Your Recruiter
Terry Walton was brought into Contract Professionals, Inc. to act as highly specialized and experienced technical recruiter, with a focus on engineering and informational technology. Known industry wide for his ability to cultivate and recruit best in class candidates, Terry was named the number one recruiter (out of 45 recruiters) with his previous employer, for more than six consecutive years. He was also a member of the Chairman’s Club from 2017-2019.
Passionate about mentoring others, Terry also has extensive experience training new recruiters to navigate the entire recruitment life cycle; providing novice recruiters with the education, skills, and tools necessary to become successful staffing specialists.
Terry was conferred a Bachelor of Applied Science (BASc), Business Administration and Management from Robert Morris University in 2003.
Terry is happily married to Jennifer Walton. Together they have three boys: Houston 15, Phoenix 11, and Kingston 8. All their children play school and travel basketball, baseball, and football. A sports enthusiast himself, Terry coaches AAU All-Star Basketball. He is also the Head Coach of Grade School Tackle Football for Butler, PA.