Senior Program Management
Sterling Heights, MI US
*** Applicants must be able to obtain a DoD Secret Security Clearance within reasonable time of hire. ***
Key Job Elements:
As a mentor and practicing expert on capture, proposal and program management, the Program and Capture Management Mentor will:
- Manage the development, evolution and administration of Capture / Proposal and Program / Project Management training and tools for Market Teams and individuals
- Stimulate Capture and Proposal Team activity within each market based on visibility of upcoming opportunities working with the Strategic Growth and Business Development Teams
- Provide consultation and guidance to Market Capture and Proposal Teams regarding activities, tools and timing required for successful opportunity capture
- Review Capture Plans and Proposal Plans for completeness and consistency, and provide advice regarding risks and opportunities to enhance the probability of success
- Mentor and participate in Win Strategy, Win Theme development and Storyboarding to ensure Win Themes are applied consistently throughout a proposal
- Perform checks in Color Reviews to ensure RFP compliance and theme application in the offering documents. Engage in out briefs and lessons learned to improve proposal quality
- Advise regarding management of Color Reviews, and be responsible for establishing purpose, engagement/review protocols, guidelines, templates and process improvements for each Color Review
- Influence the evolution of global competitive proposal practices and tools from the pursuit decision through contract award. This includes driving a consistent framework for the Strategy, Pre-Proposal, Proposal and Post Submittal phases of the business capture process
- Implement process improvements based on feedback regarding competitive capture lessons learned and customer post-award out-briefs / feedback regarding proposal quality
- Initiate process improvement initiatives and implement best practices to ensure continued improvement and capture / proposal cost reduction
- Collaborate with Talent Management to identify potential personnel in each market to perform key capture and proposal roles on up-coming opportunities
- Bachelor’ s degree with a minimum of 10 years of Capture / Proposal / Program Management experience
- Experienced Capture / Proposal Manager for substantial competitive pursuits with technical content
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and execute effectively to achieve short-and long-term objectives
- Demonstrated superior communication (oral, written, presentation) skills
- Demonstrated strength in managing relationships at all levels of an organization, both internal and external
- Passion to succeed and achieve business results with a strong sense of accountability and ownership
- Strong Leadership / Management / Mentorship skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to obtain a US. Secret security clearance
- Possess or have the ability to acquire and maintain a valid passport
- Association of Proposal Management Professional (APMP) affiliation / certification or equivalent
- Comprehensive understanding of the Shipley Business Development Process, APMP Body of Knowledge (BOK) or equivalent
- Experienced Program / Project Manager on DoD ACAT I Programs (or equivalent complex programs on major platforms for defense customers)
- Project Management Institute (PMI) certification (PMP or PgMP) or equivalent
- Experienced with development and delivery of capture, proposal and program management training
- Understanding of Federal Government contracting and defense acquisition practices with the ability to successfully interpret and respond to competitive RFPs
- Understanding of the acquisition life cycle phases of Federal Government contracts and programs; familiarity with the Government task order and RFP development process, Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) requirements, and proposal evaluation
Candidate must be able to obtain a Secret Security Clearance within reasonable time of hire. This assignment is a US Government Contract which requires all applicants to be US Citizens.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third-party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Meet Your Recruiter
Team Leader - Defense Solutions
With over 14 years of recruiting experience, Greg specializes in recruiting military veterans for Contract Professionals, Inc.'s defense clients nationwide (CONUS)and overseas (OCONUS). Part of his job is to also mentor new CPI recruiters and assist them in meeting their career objectives.
Greg takes great pride in his ability to support our military veterans, as they navigate the transition process. This includes providing transitioning military personnel with job information and vital career guidance, after they are discharged from the military. Greg regularly works to support transitioning military personnel and veterans by matching their skills to a rewarding career within their area of expertise.
Greg holds a Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration from Western Michigan University.
He enjoys golf, cooking, travel, music and most sports! Go Broncos!