Senior Project Engineer --- Electrical Vehicle Systems
This assignment is a US Government Contract which requires all applicants to be US Citizens.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Work within the Corporate Electronics group on the design and integration of communication, computer and networking (C4ISR) systems for ground vehicles. Develop test plans and perform integration testing on GFE, CFE equipment and associated networks. Will require working closely with suppliers, customers, engineering specialists and other departments. This person will provide resource estimates for project planning as well.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Design for integration of communication, computer and networking (C4ISR) systems into military ground vehicles
2. Design for physical integration and electrical interfaces for Contractor Furnished Equipment (CFE) and Government Furnished Equipment (GFE) using Interface Control Documents (ICD)
3. Develop test plans and performs bench level test (verification) for C4ISR systems
4. Plan and direct engineering in a major project through all phases of innovation and development
5. Establishes priorities for work delegated to others
6. Work closely with other engineering groups
7. Assist in feasibility studies and project estimates on proposed projects
8. Support proposal development
9. Directs preparation of layouts, drawings, specification, and bills of material
10. Select parts and/or design components for cost and quality-conscious design to meet service applications
11. Consult with suppliers, customers, & members of Engineering, Purchasing, Manufacturing, Assembly, Service, and Testing, Quality Control, and Marketing departments
12. Follow project on the assembly floor through initial build and render assistance necessary to support manufacturing and industrial engineering efforts
13. Utilize various state-of-the-art engineering tools, i.E. Personal computer and CAD equipment
• Bachelor' s degree in Electrical Engineering
• 8 or more years of design experience with vehicle electrical systems
• Ability to obtain US Military Secret Clearance
• Working knowledge of C4ISR systems and Vetronics on ground vehicles
• Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering or related
• Experience with computers and in-vehicle data networks
• Experience with DoD communications equipment
• Working knowledge of software integration on mobile computing platforms
• Background in IA assurance as relates to C4ISR systems
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Director of Business Development
John is currently the Director of Business Development for Contract Professionals, Inc. He currently manages the Green Bay, Wisconsin office and works with clients in Wisconsin, as well as several clients located throughout the United States.
John started his career in talent acquisition in 1998 in Boston, Massachusetts. For the past 20 years, John has worked with clients throughout the U.S. providing contingent and permanent staffing solutions in the areas of engineering, information technology and government/defense related positions.
John works directly with hiring managers and corporate recruiters to understand their staffing goals and future needs, in order to support their hiring initiatives.
In his free time, John enjoys golfing and spending time with his family and their dog “Inky."