Senior Shipping Associate
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third-party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Our client offers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13, 000+ top professionals, they partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas.
Education Requirement: High School Diploma or equivalent is required plus a minimum of 2 years of related experience. All education requirements are verified. Applicant selected may be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Processes outgoing shipments
- Packages products for shipment by determining proper packaging and cushioning
- Performs a combination of manual and clerical shipping duties such as determining proper carrier and routing and preparing paperwork for shipments
- Uses computer system for routing, tracking, and processing of shipments
- Follows shipping practices and procedures, and transportation routing, schedules and requirements
- Verifies quantity, weight, and conformance of materials to stated identifications
- Reports materials shipped and bills of lading; post weight and shipping charges and route merchandise to destinations
- Communicates clearly with coworkers, planners, material managers, and internal customers
- Helps set and work toward team goals
- Coordinates and prioritize individual daily activities
- Supports continuous improvement activities
- Actively participates in meetings
- Lifts heavy items and may operate a forklift or other power industrial vehicles
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- General knowledge of shipping activities/processes
- Substantial acquaintance with an understanding of general aspects of the shipping process with a broad understanding of the detailed aspects of the job
- Ability to lift 25-50 lbs repetitively on a daily basis.
- Certified on Powered Industrial vehicles preferred, but not required
- Must wear steel toe shoes in compliance with ASTM F2413-05 Standards
- General computer skills
- Ability to communication effectively with individuals within own department
- Ability to obtain or provide information or data requiring some explanation or interpretation
- Ability to work in a teamed environment to ensure all objectives are met for the work group
- General supervision and instructions given for routine work, and detailed instructions given for new activities or special assignments
- General organizational skills
- General customer service skills
- General collaboration skills
- Ability to manage time and priorities.
Jessica Salazar joined Contract Professionals, Inc in May 2019 as a Technical Recruiter. Prior to joining CPI, Jessica worked at a healthcare staffing solutions company, hiring certified clinicians for the state of Arizona.
Aside from recruiting in the healthcare industry, she comes to CPI with prior experience in recruiting for aviation and general administration verticals.
Jessica specializes in full life cycle recruiting with an emphasis on IT, engineering and aerospace at local, regional, and government levels. She is passionate about executing comprehensive workforce solutions for her clients; facilitating contract and direct hire candidate positions.
Jessica welcomes a challenge and she is consistently excited about problem solving for her candidates/clients.
Jessica is proud to be military veteran, after serving in the United States Army. During her time in the Army, she welcomed the opportunity to specialize in human resources administration. She credits her time in the military for opening her eyes to the rewarding world of recruiting.
Jessica is a mom of two children and is currently planning her wedding.