Senior Software Architect
Sterling Heights, MI US
About the Position:
Join a self-motivated team of engineers responsible for the development of cyber security software products for a family of ground combat vehicles. The function of this position is to design and lead the implementation of an advanced, first of its kind cybersecurity application environment. A seasoned software engineer with leadership skills and a passion for cyber security is the ideal candidate for this position.
Hybrid or onsite -
- Due to the nature of the work, this role requires on-site presence up to 80%.
What We Offer:
- 9-80 Work Schedule (This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off).
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment.
- Onsite cafeteria, remodeled fitness center, and outdoor fitness track.
The following are the key duties and skills required:
- Architect, design and implement scalable, object oriented software.
- Develop software with a variety of software languages.
- Perform software requirements analysis.
- Develop software design.
- Develop code to implement software design.
- Develop and design frameworks for unit and functional tests on the software.
- Debug software issues discovered throughout multiple testing phases.
- Ensure CI/CD principles are followed throughout the project.
- Perform cyber software engineering and development duties to ensure the software product is maintained in accordance with all accreditation and configuration control requirements.
- Work closely with cross functional members of the engineering organization to develop and evaluate interfaces between hardware and software, and operational performance requirements and design of the overall system.
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline preferably in the area of Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited university (Relevant cyber technical certificates will be considered).
- Minimum of 10 years software engineering experience, 15 years experience preferred.
- Programming experience in high level languages such as C#, Java, C++, Rust or Ada. Openness to learning customer specified languages required.
- Significant experience and familiarity operating in a Linux Environment, including Bash scripting.
- Experience with automotive/military embedded systems and board support, including Linux device drivers, bootloaders, or other system programming.
- Familiarity with Networking or IPC (TCP, UDP, Queues, Pipes, Domain Sockets, SHM, Packet Capture and Analysis, etc), including socket programming.
- Familiarity with Agile Software Development and CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Bamboo, etc).
- SELinux policy development experience (nice to have, not required).
- Working knowledge of software tools such as Integrated Development Environments (IDE), version control (git), defect reporting.
- Familiarity with user story or ticketing software (Rally, Jira, Asana, etc).
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project).
- This position will require eligibility to obtain a US security clearance. (Non-US Citizens may not be eligible;interim required before start).
- The flexibility to work non-duty hours or on weekends as needed by the project (We pay overtime unlike many software companies –but we try to not ever need it).
- Must satisfy Anthropometric Size Restrictions for access to military vehicles and be able to climb on vehicles and pass through hatches.
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIREMENT:
This assignment is a US Government Contract which requires all applicants to be US Citizens.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Meet Your Recruiter
Executive Vice President
Jay Vorobel is the Executive Vice President for Contract Professionals, Inc.. Jay brings more than 35 years of sales and corporate management experience to the CPI team. He plays a pivotal role on the CPI team; providing support and strategic managerial input to the president and management team.
Jay identifies and leads new business development initiatives and opportunities. He has been responsible for securing in excess of $450 million worth of revenue within the defense and mobility verticals over the last three decades.