Senior Thermal Management Engineer
Sterling Heights, MI US
Primary assignments may include:
- Mechanical & Thermal design engineering of power pack (engine/transmission), electronics, and crew cabin HVAC systems to meet customer requirements and specifications
- Derive vehicle-level performance requirements and develop and release engineering design specifications
- Develop alternative concepts and support or perform trade study analyses
- Design, select and integrate HVAC components and subsystems
- Track weight, cost, thermal, and power allocations
- Develop and maintain Technical Data Packages (TDPs); release drawings to the Engineering Release Plan (ERP)
- Prepare Statement of Work (SOW), Critical Item Development Specification (CIDS), Interface Control Document (ICD) and Source Selection Plan (SSP) for a Request for Proposal (RFP) to industry suppliers, or for other purposes as required. Perform source selection evaluation of supplier proposals.
- Manage supplier design development progress, technical action item list, and transfer of engineering communication; interface with suppliers virtually and onsite; evaluate supplier cost quotes
- Provide technical oversight and direction to suppliers during design development and validation to ensure performance, test, and/or design requirements are being met.
- Prepare comprehensive technical reports and proposals; prepare for and present at formal Design Reviews
- Conduct engineering evaluations in a laboratory environment
- Investigate, respond, and implement corrective action to Production, supplier or field issues
- Support prototype builds, create test plans, execute tests and create test reports to validate designs, mitigate risks and/or troubleshoot problems
- Work with other engineering disciplines to exchange technical information and give direction to designers and prototype shop personnel Plan, organize, and maintain records of progression to ensure successful completion of projects on schedule and within budget
- Develop plans and estimates for future projects (ROMs, BOEs, project plans, informal estimates) in response to customer and contractual requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 10 + years in a related role is desired.
- Demonstrated understanding of mechanical and thermal engineering principles.
- Experience supporting prototype and/or production build activities.
- Experience with Teamcenter and Vis Mockup a plus.
- Ability to travel up to 20% to other facilities and military installations if needed.
Additional Information / Desired Experience
- This position may require eligibility to obtain a US security clearance. (Non-US Citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance)
- Previous experience working on ground combat Vehicles desired.
- This position may require the candidate to be able to climb on/off, work in, and work around military vehicles is desired. Must be able to pass ASR test (Anthropometric Size Requirement for confined space)
- Able to bring continuous improvement processes and methodologies to the position. Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills is required Works well in team and individually
- Must be able to work occasional evening and/or weekend overtime as required
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIREMENT:
This assignment is a US Government Contract which requires all applicants to be US Citizens.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.