Sights & Sensors Optical Engineer
Sterling Heights, MI US
- Component selection, procurement, and oversight of hardware build.
- Create optics specifications and test plans.
- Review hardware and software requirement documents and test plans.
- Design, develop, and test optical components and subsystems in support of integration of thermal imaging systems, color and monochrome high-resolution cameras, lasers, radar, direct view optics, and stabilized control systems.
- Support the integration & testing of sights and electro-optical sensors on the various vehicle platforms.
- Work with other members of the engineering staff to ensure the product meets its requirements.
- Prepare and present written reports, status reports, and presentations as necessary.
- Provide technical support and communication to the program office, customers, and other departments within the company.
- Bachelor' s Degree in Physics, Optics, or Electro-Optical Engineering with a minimum of 5 years of applicable experience. Fewer years required with an advanced degree. Other technical degrees will be considered with relevant experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- Experience with optical system design.
- Experience with physical and geometrical optics.
- Basic optics laboratory skills including precise alignment and calibration procedures.
- Experience with CAD tools, such as CREO/Pro-E is preferred.
- Optical design and analysis utilizing standard optical tools such as Zemax, Night Vision Integrated Performance Model (NV-IPM) is preferred.
- Experience with Analog and Digital Video. (RS-170, HD-SDI, LVDS, DVI, DisplayPort, 3G SDI, 6G SDI) is preferred.
- Experience with video distribution techniques is preferred.
- Familiarity with Military Standards and test requirements is preferred.
- Ability to use engineering development and tools.
- Capable of obtaining a Security Clearance.
- ***Occasional travel required.
- Occasional overtime and weekend hours may be required to complete critical tasks.
- Strong Interpersonal skills and ability to work with interdisciplinary teams.
- Strong Multi-tasking skills.
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIREMENT:
This assignment is a US Government Contract which requires all applicants to be US Citizens.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third-party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiting Team Leader of Defense Branch
With over 14 years of recruiting experience, Greg specializes in recruiting military veterans for Contract Professionals, Inc.'s defense clients nationwide (CONUS)and overseas (OCONUS). Part of his job is to also mentor new CPI recruiters and assist them in meeting their career objectives.
Greg takes great pride in his ability to support our military veterans, as they navigate the transition process. This includes providing transitioning military personnel with job information and vital career guidance, after they are discharged from the military. Greg regularly works to support transitioning military personnel and veterans by matching their skills to a rewarding career within their area of expertise.
Greg holds a Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration from Western Michigan University.
He enjoys golf, cooking, travel, music and most sports! Go Broncos!